Sort of Raggie type question

BarryH

Visit site
Don't think this really belongs here, but he go's. Now I think I found my perfect boat, for me and mine anyway. Its built like the perverbial out building with a layup of just over half inch thick. Handles like a dream, pah pah's of any sort of sea, and looks good too. Me and the missus can overnight if we want to in relative comfort and it has a deepish cockpit to keep the short people safe. All in all I'm happy with her.

If you was going to change my mind for me and sell me your boat (cos i might be in the market) whats to good points you'd point out on your boat and the bad points on mine.

Barry(Money burning hole in pocket)H

DepSol

Visit site
If your happy no need to change your mind stick with it and enjoy.

Only one thing to improve it though (and I am looking forward to taking some stick on this one as its been a while) is add some SOLTRON.

hee hee hee

Gonna wind someone up for sure, BTW wheres TCM these days!

BarryH

Visit site
Why the hell would i wanna put that in it, It runs on PETROL, no smelly oil burners need apply.

Barry(still got the money burning hole in pocket)H

BarryH

Visit site
Re: The drinking hours: Riddle me ree

Ha! Your no preacher, you ain,t seen the light! Its there in kim-o-vision technicolour, If you squint at it it all becomes clear.

BarryH

coliholic

Visit site
Well if it runs on petrol, you won't have money burning a hole in your pocket for long, it'll be burining in the engines. And what sort of boat anyway.

BarryH

Visit site
Running costs are not that bad, only uses about £50 worth of petrol from Poole to France, not that i go there much, dont like the people, but thats another story.

Its a Tremlett Sportsman, One of the early ones apparently, better looking than the later ones, i think anyway. Takes on seas when other boats of the same ilk go running for home, still follow em though. Thought i wanted something bigger until I looked at other boats at the boat show in my price range. Get a little more space but don't gain much else.

BarryH

jfm

Visit site
Tremletts are excellent, remeber looking at and admiring them as a kid. They did part completes and bare hulls, so beware diy bodges, though most were factory built I think. What engine does it have, cannot see from pic? Do not see how Poole-Cherb is possible on 50 litres of petrol in that size of boat, no way surely?

BarryH

Visit site
What you on about, the little 4hp mariner does a stirling job, and being 4 stroke you don't even know its runing!!. Fillied the tank up from garage in wareham last time, £50 worth of unleaded, may have been some left in there. only burns around 4 gallons an hour cruising, well it did, changed the engine since then.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Dimness

Claymore, everyone else seems to have grasped the question, guess that makes you very dim!!! <G>

Anyway you're only here to stir us up, said as much on the Compass debate, get back to where you once belong! How do you find all this time to post amongst your heavy letchering schedule?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Tremlett

Tremletts are great boats, hulls are renowned. But have you ever been to their yard, what a complete mess, bits of scrap boat every where, half overgrown with weeds and nothing at all happening. A real waste of a prime position. Wanted to put my boat there a few winters ago, they wanted double the price of other local yards, and was later warned by others that their crane hardly worked.

claymore

Visit site
Re: Dimness

Very Brave LongJohn, calling Hadyn dim like that. I did some marking on Sunday so I'm just pacing myself a bit or I'll be tired by Thursday which will make Friday simply unbearable.
I still don't see what the bloody post has to do with Raggies anyway - all I see is a picture of a speedboat on a millpond with a rather large VHF ariel sticking up.

claymore

Visit site
Re: Tremlett

Wasn't there a bloke called Tremlett did some powerboat racing or something a long time ago when LongJohn was but a tremble in his fathers kneecaps? Bet thats a real dim question on a motorboaty forum!

BarryH

Visit site
Re: Tremlett

Chris Tremlett was the mans name, ask byron hes bound to know. Thats where the sportman comes from, based on the same hulls, sort of.

BarryH

BarryH

Visit site
Re: Dimness

Raggi Question- as in mundane, serious, hyperthetical, not much scope for P taking, flaming or what ever. Anyway how dare you call it a speed boat, go back to the your trawler an haul some nets. <G>

BarryH ;-)