Sonihull Ultrasonic Antifoul System

statgar

Visit site
I have an F SQ55 in Corfu, fouling is awful and I currently use Interspeed Ultra + Propspeed for under hull machinery, which does a great job for two seasons. Considering US system does anyone have any recent experience of this type of system? The claims are amazing but I note there is some historic bad press on the Forum.

BartW

www.amptec.be
If you can do 2 seasons with Interspeed + propspeed, you achieve the best results I've ever heard,
experience from users on here is that propspeed doesn't hold for one season,
experience with Velox appears to be slightly better, but don't expect more than one season, (also my own experience)
interspeed might be ok for 2 seasons

I still have to hear from the first real person testifying positive about untrasonic AF.

Reactions: vas

elton

www.boatit.co.uk
I don't think I've ever read conclusive evidence that ultrasonic does what they say. Also, I've never seen evidence of how it works. Annoying the tiny critters with an awful racket seems somewhat implausible to me.

Piers

www.playdeau.com
It's interesting that Teamac doesn't advertise their antifoul, but it's really very good. The staff at the local yard (Marine and General) really like applying it. The best place I've found to buy it from is Mik's Paints (01635 529008, Sue Hobbs).

longjohnsilver

Visit site
It's interesting that Teamac doesn't advertise their antifoul, but it's really very good. The staff at the local yard (Marine and General) really like applying it. The best place I've found to buy it from is Mik's Paints (01635 529008, Sue Hobbs).

You could also try Trago Mills, they certainly used to stock it.

Hurricane

Visit site
My hull is Coppercoated, but I need AF for rudders and exhaust outlets. Any experience with Teamac on these or on propellers?
In my experience, nothing sticks to the props.
Unless, of course you don't use your boat.
I know that you use yours so IMHO, there isn't much you can do.
In the past, I have painted the props (and in some cases taken ages preparing and painting) only to find that the first few hours cruising removes at least half of the paing.
At the end of the season, there was still a little bit of paint still left - which was a real ?ugger to get off before retreating.
These days, we just lift and pressure wash before we go cruising.
And just after pressure washing whilst still in the slings, we use Aguafuete (an acid that you can buy in the Spanish supermarkets)
The boatyard staff pressure wash the props first and while they are doing the rest of the hull, we give the props an acid wash.
Gets a nice finish if you polish them before.

From this
serve.php

To this
serve.php

And this after the acid wash
serve.php

NoviceRod

Visit site
Mike - I remember working on your props with you 3 years ago at SCM.

I have found the B&Q Acid (hydrochloric) does a good job of getting the barnacles off, but off course they regrow during the season. Should be well established now as we have not been out since January.

Are you still marooned in SCM?