Some Week. (Deadly Serious)

claymore

Visit site
Who would have thought last Monday that so much could happen in five short days. We have a President who gets slipped a crippler by a humble pretzel, a forum cleavage that would put Britney to shame, Kim in a darkened room mainlining valium, a load of soft sods banging on about human rights for those murdering pyjama wearers - who'll no doubt end up here claiming asylum and getting a council house and free gas and electricity for 5 years and to top all that, the cats gone and dug up Dear Hearts snowdrops.
Where will it all end? Must dash - train to catch.
Have a good weekend.
John S

tcm

Visit site
Re: trains?

They don't have them down here, you soft Northern wooftah! They have to walk! Also ken livingston, now Mayor of London who promised to work to get the buses more efficiently..is taking out full-page adverts in the Evening Standard (london evng rag) which say "It's jolly nice and environmentally frendly on the bus - so go on the bus, please" which um isn't quite what we all had in mind. Trust you will have sorted these and other problems out for us by Monday.

ToMo

Just outside Budapest or In the Med (Corfu)
Visit site
in a post some time ago I indicated that we do have the wheel down here in Cornwall, but I don't think rail track agrees as it has now decided that during the Easter break this year there will be no trains crossing the bridge into Cornwall....why? they decided that the busiest holiday time would be just perfect to shut down the cornish rail system...perhaps they want to prove that our only 2 main trunk roads can't cope either! [we aren't allowed to have motorways] - and just to make sure their theory works out they are banning all trains from Cornwall to Paddington for a couple of weeks Stating from next week (I think!) just to see the effect!
And you lot think you've got problems!!!
TôMö

longjohnsilver

Visit site
National holiday

declared round these parts, no Cornish grockles asking what those 4 funny round things are underneath cars. Keep em all tother side of the Tamar we all say, well done Railtrack!! ;-))

hlb

RIP
Visit site
But Tomo.
You've led me to believe, youve got a boat!
So in Cornwall, why do you need, Cars, Train or other. Or are You an engine number anorak. Car spotting, thingy . (probable trouble maker). In Devon / Cornwall. I get about by boat alone and maybe faster than by car. Cirtainlly more fun and easyer.
Ok u've no m ways and no trains. But yuv got Loads and miles of the best sea in the country, and the best weather. Its like the biggest ever super highway. Saltcolmbe to Falmouth. With big majic round about in the middle. (edistone light house) Or the scenic route round. Agatha Crispies. others then Yelm, Then Plymouth, with alsorts

Haydn

ToMo

Just outside Budapest or In the Med (Corfu)
Visit site
Bingo!...I jest knew that my two boatie neighbours wouldn't be able to resist, thankyou Longjohn & Haydn, you won a bet for me of a free night at the pub....I said that you two would reply to my post and my dearly beloved didn't believe me and agree'd that I'd get a free night at the pub i.e. She drives AND She pays!!!
Cheers Guys!
TôMö

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Only too pleased to be of help, send the usual amount in used Euros in plain brown envelope to Mr N Hamilton, ex MP c/o Harrods.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Just thinking John.
Get an auto pilot. I went years with the last boat, without one. It drove me mad. Sat there with eyes glued to compass. Boat changing direction on every wave. Especially if single handed a complete must have IMHO. Much safer cos time to look at charts and replan if needed, with out boat heading off and rolling whilst trying to look at chart. Also good for making tea, Peeing and generally doing odd jobs like hoovering, cleaning widows and if lucky paying attention to the French maid from down below!

Haydn

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Thanks Haydn, got one last year, made a big difference, now I can service 2 French maids and 3 Austrian au pairs all without looking where I'm going. If you see a super tanker with my boat stuck out of its side then you'll know that I'm still enjoying myself!!!

ArthurWood

Visit site
Re: Autopilot

Agree wholeheartedly about autopilot Haydn. Best pressie I ever gave to my boat. Had a ComNav 1101 fitted a year ago and I love it - particularly the 'dodge' function for missing those b----y crab pot floats which are everywhere over here from Oct till May. However, because of need to keep watch, no time for other chores or French maid.

Rabbit

Visit site
Re: Autopilot

Hi there, Im new to the forum but I am interested in your comment. RE comnav. I have just made enquiries about the 1440 (remote) or 1460 (fixed). As I have never seen one in service, I would appreciate your comments. What sort of boat are you using it on? Thanking you for your time. regards, Les.

ArthurWood

Visit site
Re: ComNav

I have a 1994 37ft Sea Ray Sundancer and ComNav (http://www.comnavmarine.com/)recommended the 1420 for my boat, but the local agent sold me on the 1101 because it's easier to set up and easier to use. I am VERY pleased with it. I like the rotary knob for minor course corrections and the dodge function as mentioned earlier. I am thinking of adding the remote so we can sit on the foredeck when cruising at displacement speeds or in very smooth conditions. Only snag we ran into was that our boat originally had cable steering and had to be converted to hydraulic for the autopilot to be fitted. Was a little bit expensive but well worth it. Only problem we had shortly after installation on a Bahamas cruise was that the clamp on the rudder post which controls the rudder indicator came loose, but the unit continued to work and gave me an error message. It has a 'learning' capability for such eventualities so you don't go flying off course. I easily fixed it. The 1420 has no display so that might be a bit of a drawback. If you need more info, let me know by private message if you wish. I don't know the 1460.