soltron

ultrarep

Visit site
OK you guys and gals. You keep jibbering on and extolling the virtures of this soltron stuff. I have only got snippets from various posts but can someone please tell me what it actually is and what it is meant to do to better the life of us boaters.

Please dont all shout at once!

Steve

G

Hi !

It is a diesel fuel additive used to improve the quality of your fuel and to clean the injection system. thus giving better combustion. In short it is similar to, but not quite as good as "Marinised Morendo D.D. :))

Rob

chas

Visit site
It is one of the few things left over from the era of middle earth. It was originally developed by the Elves of Rivendell as a terror weapon against the Orcs. It was delivered by super arrows which spread it in droplets all over Orcdom. With the advent of genetic technology, it was discovered that diesel bugs had similar DNA to Orcs so some very clever pixies in NI started marketing it as a diesel additive.

andy_wilson

Visit site
Soltron and Co.

One of various additives that can be added to fuel to swell the profits of it's manufacturer and distributors, thus increasing your running costs dramatically.

Amazingly you will never save as much in fuel / servicing / engine wear as the stuff is costing you.

G

Re: Soltron and Co.

We can't have Dom knocking on this here forum thank you

"The Med has got me" (no not the Medway the other Med)

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Cant see Soltron being much help for a blow job!!

<font color=red> No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Haydn

ChrisP

Visit site

Strange
One run back from the CI's saved me more than the cost of the bottle and I do have the figures to prove it, they're kept in my bank account.

ChrisP

What do you mean the sea gull in front's walking !!!

jfm

Visit site
It claims to do two things: fix (kill and digest) the bug (if you have it) and improve combustion/improve mpg. As regards the bug, I dont know, but sounds plausible. As regards mpg, I think the manufacturers claims are hot air. I ran a diesel car with/without it for 100 hours/3000miles in an admittedly half arsed experiment, and the mpg was identical with/without. I think there's a detailed test coming up in MBM soon. ChrisP, can you post the details of the fuel saving that you got?