Soltron and Molyslip

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Discounts

It occurs to me that as a group we may become the biggest users around of good old solly. Do you think we ought to band together and start asking for a group discount?
The car definitely seems quiteter, have now added some Slick 50 to the oil, people i talked to seemed to think this was a better option.

Hopefully down to the boat tomorrow with boot full of solly and slick and then maybe across the channel next week weather permitting to try it all out. Alderney sounds good but maybe a bit boring with the dark nights so probably will head for Cherbourg.

Any other takers?

DepSol

Visit site
Re: Discounts

New resident in Alderney at the mo.

A dolphin has seemed to take up residency in Braye and allows people to swim with it play ball etc etc. If I have got over this virus by tomorrow I am off for a look.

Dom

G

Virus? What Virus?

Have you tried Soltron apparantly taken in equal measures with whisky, cures all known bugs.

Oh and leave the Dolphin's balls alone.

Rich_S

Visit site
When I was in the States I watched a half hour infomercial about a product called "PROLONG" which was an oil additive.
They treated this engine on a stand with it and run it at full revs for ages and then dumped the sump with it still running. Then they cut the radiator hose.....still running..... then they took the rocker cover off and poured sand and gravel over the rockers. Still running.
Who needs oil?
Never bought any though. Has anyone else heard of it?

Rich.

DepSol

Visit site
Agreed Motor up is another case just taken to the courts for claiming it does more than it can...used same ad as prolong.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Re: Molyslip and warranties

Jeez, what do you do to your cars? I've had 7 BM's in a row for about 500k miles in total and never had a breakdown let alone an engine failure
Agree with you about additives. If they're so good why dont the oil companies, who spend billions on research, sell 'em (especially @ 60 squids a gallon) and why invalidate your warranty when modern engine performance/reliability is so good (except in jfm BM's of course!).
Cue fred drift on oil company/car manufacturer conspiracy theories

ccscott49

Visit site
Saw some stuff at an oil show in aberdeen, called "Power up" canadian product, friction reducer, it worked very well, had some independently tested for use in some machinery we built, it proved its worth, we still use it, just add to oil. I will say, that the friction reducing additives the oil companies put in there lube oil, have a life built in, they wear out so to speak, of course it would have nothing to do with wanting to sell more over priced lube oil would it? There is a super filter system available on the market, which means the oil dosnt need changing for thousands of hours etc. But they do reccomend replacing the friction reducing components of the oil. Does anyone know about this special filter jobbie, its used extensively in the truck industry. I cant remember its name!