Solar panel from Amazon.de

ZigZaging

yachtzigzag.life
Hi All,
I’m seeking recommendations for a 100w flexible solar panel available from Amazon.de
Has anyone in the collective purchased a 100w from Amazon.de? Make/model and a link would be great, views on output, durability, quality etc.
Any experiences good or bad would be really helpful.
Thanks

AngusMcDoon

Visit site
Renogy sell on Amazon in different countries and seem OK. I have them from Amazon UK, but they will be the same items on German Amazon. Quality fine. Durability less so being semi-flexible, but that's the same with all semi-flexible panels.

ZigZaging

yachtzigzag.life
Renogy sell on Amazon in different countries and seem OK. I have them from Amazon UK, but they will be the same items on German Amazon. Quality fine. Durability less so being semi-flexible, but that's the same with all semi-flexible panels.
Thanks for the post Angus, lovely to hear from you again. Yes I'm leaning towards buying 2x100w Renogy panels. Thanks again.

Seven Spades

Visit site
I have two renogy mounted on my spray hood. The do not recommend d this because of flexing but they are in fact on a thick enough base and so far we have had no problems with them. My experience is that the outpot is fantastic in full sun but they are very sensitive to partial shading. I have used other brands which are more resilient to shading but they were much more expensive and I didn't want to risk those on the spray-hood in case flexing was an issue so I went with the cheap option. I am not sure how solar is wired but I think some are daisy chained so if one cell is shaded little current can pass and on some they wire in series and parallel so if a cell is shaded it might be able to bypass the shaded cell., but if the bypass cell is also shaded... this is what I understand is the difference but I can't find any information from sellers as to the construction of their cells.

Seven Spades

Visit site
You might want to watch this. I was think of dumping the Renogy in favour of one of these but I need to go to the boat and take some measurements first:-

ZigZaging

yachtzigzag.life
I have two renogy mounted on my spray hood. The do not recommend d this because of flexing but they are in fact on a thick enough base and so far we have had no problems with them. My experience is that the outpot is fantastic in full sun but they are very sensitive to partial shading. I have used other brands which are more resilient to shading but they were much more expensive and I didn't want to risk those on the spray-hood in case flexing was an issue so I went with the cheap option. I am not sure how solar is wired but I think some are daisy chained so if one cell is shaded little current can pass and on some they wire in series and parallel so if a cell is shaded it might be able to bypass the shaded cell., but if the bypass cell is also shaded... this is what I understand is the difference but I can't find any information from sellers as to the construction of their cells.
Hi thanks for the reply, may I ask what is the "thick enough base " made of?