Software for electric wiring diagrams

gregorius

Visit site
I have the ambition to make a complete electric wiring diagram for my yacht. In this context I am looking for some suitable software (preferrably freeware) that is suitable and has the relevant symbols library. Any suggestions?

fluffc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
CircuitMaker is no longer sold or supported by phone or email by Altium. For information regarding Altium's current products for complete electronic product development, visit www.altium.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

lenseman

www.dswmarineengineering.com
[ QUOTE ]
I have the ambition to make a complete electric wiring diagram for my yacht. In this context I am looking for some suitable software (preferably freeware) that is suitable and has the relevant symbols library. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just use the facilities in MS Word using the Drawing Toolbar.

If it a specific shape like a motor (circle with two oblong magnet shapes each side - Circle with an oblong behind), I use the GROUP and UNGROUP facility then copy and paste every time in need more of this symbol. In this way I make a library of symbols.

You can also colour every negative line and the common earth bus in Black and every battery supply line in Red and use other coloured lines in the drawing to signify different things. - Safety critical could be Orange?

It is very quick and very cheap /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif