Software expiry date.

finnlou

Visit site
Re: value for money ....

yes I agree with small_boat_champ here, there is plenty of other, better chart software that doesn't force you to cough up every year.

Appleyard

Visit site
ANYWAY!!! to get back to my original query...I am only winding the clock back in order to use my car workshop manual CD rom. Do I understand from all the expert advice and views that as long as I am not online I can quite safely set the date back a year ,view the information I require and then reset the time when I finish,and I won't do the PC any mischief??

sailingawayforayearandaday.blogspot.com
Yes jamesmar, you can absolutely 100% turn back your clock and run your software. If it does turn out to use a date from the gps or web then the only thing that could possibly happen is it wont work. Nothing bad will happen, windows wont crash, internet explorer will still work, and no mischief will occur.

The highest risk is that your antivirus will get a little confused and present you with a popup saying 'My database is from the future' (which probably means your using Nortan, which is more of a virus in itself than anything I've ever come across).

finnlou

Visit site
All will be fine, just remember to dodge the bolt of lightning and you'll be fine /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm allways setting my date to odd values when programming, never had any problems so far.