SofF meet up - deuxième partie

johng39

Visit site
@johng39, great to see you again, and jfm confirms that you should be able to get your Az50 through the gargalu passage... :D

Yeah, bugger that Navionics on sonar shows about a 50ft wide passage max, that leaves no margin of error. If it is flat calm then I will take a peek.

Great to meet you again :)

D

Deleted User YDKXO

He anchored very close to us and then when he departed he caught our anchor chain.
For the life of me I cannot understand why people do this. There was plenty of space to drop the hook yesterday and no need to crowd anyone. I take it he was German?

MapisM

Visit site
Let's see: as I understand, you guys are talking of someone who, with 2 millions or so burning a hole in his pocket, had no better ideas than buy one of the worst boats ever built by Riva, incidentally named "Ego", and gold painted for good measure.
If I should really guess the nationality, I'd rather say Russian than German, but money buys neither taste nor seamanship in any Country, methink... :ambivalence:

Anyway, good to read of forumites having fun, BUT...
11198-1263950539-69873955db6d4717415ce667f3b0d2b8.gif

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Riviera weather today is glorious- almost no wind and sea still 26 degrees.
Chucking it down in Antibes again. Looks like we might get a repeat of yesterday evening:disgust: