So where are the fuses (or circuit breakers)?

castaway

uk.groups.yahoo.com
Probably sounds pretty daft but, on all my past boats the fuses were pretty easy to spot and change. I had never taken a particularly close look in the electrics cupboard on my newish boat and just assumed it would be plainly apparent!

Well it ain't

I have attached 3 shots of the electrics in the hope that someone can point out where these fuses live...!

Many thanks, Nick

Leighb

Visit site
A view of the front of the panel in the middle picture might be informative.

Circuit breakers from the back look similar to some of the components shown.

From the front they look like push on/push off switches.

Barry Jones

myworld.ebay.co.uk
You've probably got fuses or breakers set into the front of the switch panel that I think I'm looking at the back of.

You will have the heavy fuses somewhere between your batteries and this cupboard (these are not shown in the three photos anyway).

I can see an autopilot fuse - this was probably an intermediate value so was installed separately.

castaway

uk.groups.yahoo.com
A view of the front of the panel in the middle picture might be informative.

Circuit breakers from the back look similar to some of the components shown.

From the front they look like push on/push off switches.

The front of the panel just has the rocker switches and the generic diagram of the navigation lights superimposed on the rig. Certainly no 'pop out' buttons on the front of the panel.

Thanks Nick

Bilgediver

Visit site
Probably sounds pretty daft but, on all my past boats the fuses were pretty easy to spot and change. I had never taken a particularly close look in the electrics cupboard on my newish boat and just assumed it would be plainly apparent!

Well it ain't

I have attached 3 shots of the electrics in the hope that someone can point out where these fuses live...!

Many thanks, Nick

Looks like you have circuit breakers. Show us the other side of the panel. Circuit breakers do not need fuses as they provide the same function. If the push button type then on overload the button pops out and can be reset by pushing back in. The large bodies on your switches suggest circuit breakers!

Gordonmc

Visit site
The 16-odd boxes in Pic 2 look like the circuit breakers on my (American) system. The front of the box has only a rocker switch on mine too. A fault results in the switch defaulting to "off".

Martin_J

Visit site
Middle picture - They look to me like the back of Carlingswitch magnetic circuit breakers as found on the back of a Moody switch panel.

Press all the way across for on.. and they will trip if needed. Press just a few mm and you can hold the circuit on (with no trip).