Small Motorsailer

dancrane

Visit site
What a pity there aren't more Fisher 25s which can dry out. Also a pity that that owner didn't have a photo of the rare bilge-arrangement on his example.

Regarding the Tamar...aside from her...unusual profile, is that centre-cockpit suitable for fishing?

View attachment 46348

E39mad

Visit site
What a pity there aren't more Fisher 25s which can dry out. Also a pity that that owner didn't have a photo of the rare bilge-arrangement on his example.

Regarding the Tamar...aside from her...unusual profile, is that centre-cockpit suitable for fishing?

View attachment 46348

Log into Boatsheds website - there's loads of pics of the bilge plates. I remember this boat well. It was so heavily specified - had a larger Yanmar 35hp fitted which meant raising the wheelhouse sole by an inch or so.

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk

View attachment 46348

tamar does not have rioom to swing a rod - so to speak

as the fisherwith bilge plates ----- £74,000

!

James_Calvert

Visit site

View attachment 46348

Dan, Re your comment on the profile, I'm sure your imagination is running riot with potential "improvements".

I think she'd look better rerigged - but as a schooner, or gaff-rigged - or both?

Dylan, re swinging rods, a friend had 30+ish centre-cockpit ketch - one thing he found was that the shrouds for the mizzen got badly in the way of access over the rear deck, I suspect this one would be worse, so no fishing from there either.

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
Dan, Re your comment on the profile, I'm sure your imagination is running riot with potential "improvements".

I think she'd look better rerigged - but as a schooner, or gaff-rigged - or both?

Dylan, re swinging rods, a friend had 30+ish centre-cockpit ketch - one thing he found was that the shrouds for the mizzen got badly in the way of access over the rear deck, I suspect this one would be worse, so no fishing from there either.

I love this forum

the search for a Swin Ranger type motorsailer has not got to 30 foot yachts and one that costs £75,000

The fact that Fishers fall over when dry puts it out of the running I think

ripvan1

Visit site
I,ll try again with hardy motorsailor right sizes, right price and bilge keelers. Not my cup of tea but seems to fit the bill. Nuff said

JimC

Visit site
I was looking at a Hardy motorsailer in Whitehaven, thought it looked neat little boat and ideal for fishing I should have thought having a big unobstructed cockpit. Well towards the 'motor boat with sails' end of the motorsailer spectrum.