Small electric kettle

laika

Visit site
Asda have kettles for £5. The base can be stuffed inside when not in use.

If it's the one 1st mate bought (model EPK001W: top tip: check kettle is empty before inverting to find out model number) you can't pour from it without it spilling out the sides of the spout so you have to do it over the sink, which isn't such a problem once you know it's going to happen.

Prompted by this thread I was just taking a longing look at John Lewis's online kettle department (in case I (a) buy a lottery ticket, (b) win and (c) buy a house to put kitchen appliances in) and note that they sell one with wifi:
http://www.johnlewis.com/ikettle-wi-fi-kettle-silver/p1725746

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
The trouble with small elec kettles is that they are low wattage and take forever to boil. I have one that I used many moons ago on my small boat when pontoon power was restricted and a high Wattage one would trip the shore breaker. Thats not so these days, so I use a 2kW one.
Another point with a large one - fill it up and you have more than enough water for two cups of whatever and a bowl of hot washing up water.So go BIG, it doesn't take up that much more space, and you can store things in it ;)

michael_w

Visit site
If it's the one 1st mate bought (model EPK001W: top tip: check kettle is empty before inverting to find out model number) you can't pour from it without it spilling out the sides of the spout so you have to do it over the sink, which isn't such a problem once you know it's going to happen.

Have you got the scale filter the right way round?

laika

Visit site
Have you got the scale filter the right way round?

There seems to be only one way round it can go but thanks for prompting me to look a bit more closely: seems the lid is slightly warped meaning that it doesn't really seal the top properly on one side. I suppose for the cost I couldn't really expect precision engineering...