Sleeping Bags

Inatthedeepend

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good sleeping bag for use onboard in the UK? Also are there any that should be avoided? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
I have 4/5 season bags, also by Vango. Mine were bought for serious mountain work, and a little too much for on boats, though with zip down, are more than comfortable. As you say, any decent hill walking shop will supply a decent version

velo

Visit site
agree vango top but mummy shape can be too tight ,when trying to turn over the lot moves,end up fighting with your feet.when zipped up always need a pee,in summer cheepo double zipped bags 20£ or 23season vango with double zip,and square end,after all we are not back packing best cheepo and most comfy 2 duvets from asda 18£,

Q

quimby

[image]
P1000994.jpg
[/image]
Found these Duvets to be very comfortable. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gin

Visit site
Must be me then, I have been wondering- My back is never quite warm enough in my 3 season Vango, yet my son in his similar one never complains.

I don't tighten the internal neck pad- as I don't like too much restriction- would that make much of a difference

cliff

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Avoid the ones who will leave you and take all your assets. You want one that doesn't argue and is usefull on the boat. olewill

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
---------------------
hammer.gif
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

curve

Visit site
I hate the mummy style bag. No room to wriggle down the bottom or anything. I feel like a moth in a cocoon inside one. And it gets too hot.

But I do have a rather nice rectangular Vango sleeping bag that I got from Blacks.

VicS

Visit site
Definitely go along with the suggestions in favour of an ordinary rectangular bag and if you are broad shouldered or rather large or tall then I'd suggest a King sized bag.
I cannot use some decent standard sized ones that we bought for camping. They are OK zipped together as a double but I find one on its own far to restricting. I cannot even begin to imagine how people can use the mummy shaped ones.

Inatthedeepend

Visit site
Thank you all for your advise.
I couldn't agree with William_H more, traded mine in for a younger model, a lot less hassel than the older redundant one, and much easier to operate.
Looks like vango is the way to go.
Cheers
Kev /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Billjratt

Visit site
Best I ever had were down-filled (rather than kapok) ex-WD.
Lasted for years and were only scraped off me and disposed of when SWMBO couldn't stand the fragrance. The best ( which I know does well in a Corribee) had a built-in ground sheet on one side, and could allegedly be used in snow. Warm as Hades and room to spin in. I don't like the tapered modern ones, so next choice would be the duvet style with a zip along two sides, which can be joined to another to form a double.- Think ahead.

markleuty

Visit site
Snoopy

Couldn't agree more... We changed from Sleeping bags to duvets this year.

What a difference!

Sleep like a log now.

Would never go back.

Mark

robstracey

www.myspace.com
I would definatly go with the duvet option.

I use two, a thick one under the sheets covers over any gaps between matresses and blocks out draughts from lockers etc, and a normal one on top. Future SWMBO has finally excepted that its more comfortable than her bed at home.

ytd

Visit site
I would stay away from down filled ones. A crewmate in a race had one once and the smell after 4 days was unbelieveable. Synthetic filling takes much longer to smell.