Skliso 975

Farmer Piles

Visit site
I am on the lookout for an ACM 31, no luck so far, but a broker has a Skilso 975 for sale; 1999 for £60K. He assures me a very tidy boat with twin TAMD31 engines throwing out 150hp each.
Any opinions or knowledge appreciated.
Looks just like a Nimbus clone to me.

Kawasaki

Visit site
Yes they do have a 'Nimbusy' look about them
Good 'lump' of a boat as lots are from that neck of the woods
Those 31's are simple enough things but whether they will be chucking out 150 now is a mute point
Even when new 150 per side was only just enough
I am a Fan of 'Nordic/ Scandanavian/ Viking' built stuff
No Nimbus about that you fancy?

Farmer Piles

Visit site
I do quite like the Nimbus but I prefer the lines and the layout of the ACM. Of the Nimbus, there is a 1999 one in Poole, a 310 for £60K. A 345 in Torbay for£69K, 2001. The 310 has a single Yanmar 230hp and the 345 has two. I will probably wait until after half term and go to have a look. I am down in Falmouth.

Farmer Piles

Visit site
Really? Definitely worth a look then and only a couple of hours from where I live. And the 310 on the 230 Yanmar? I looked at the 280 but i feel that the engine will always be on its limit if you want to get a cruising speed of around 15kts. I hate being under powered.
There has been quite a lot of mission creep on this. We started out on 26 foot and 50k, now we are up to over 34.

Kawasaki

Visit site
Recently researched most marine engines in depth
A good Friend spent over a year looking at motorboats in the 35/45 foot range
With a decent budget
Everyone you can shake a stick seems to be rubbish
If you believe what you ‘Google’
Personal experience of the Yanmars?
yes I have some
They are no worse or better than any others imho
To enlarge would swamp/ take over your Thread
Yanmars would not put me off more than any others
As per your search moving ‘Up’
Tee Hee, been there ‘T’ shirt etc
?

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
Had en interest in ACM Elite 31 and viewed a few in France. Nice boat, but wanted twin engines.
Looking at hull the single engined ACM is pretty flat in the aft which did not appeal to me.

Skilsoe is from Norway and has the build and fittings quality you'd expect, including well designed grab rails . 975 is available with drives or shafts of which my personal preference would be shafts.

The Norwegian ad site finn.no has a boat section, commonly with plenty very good photos, for your intertainment:
Båter til salgs med søkeordet "skilsø 975" | FINN Båt

Last edited:

Jon Stacey

Visit site
The 345 has a pair of 4LHA-STP Yanmars, I have read some less than glowing posts about them. Should i be wary in your view, Kawasaki?
Is this the same 345 that was for sale in Guernsey a year ago, was then advertised and "sold" in Torquay and is now having remedial works and will be then back on the market?

Farmer Piles

Visit site
Hi Jon,

Yes it is. Spoke to the broker this morning, it is owned by an old fella who wants to get out of boating. They did a sea trial in heavy seas in Sept and all the shit in the tanks knackered the fuel systems. Tanks now flushed, fuel system refurbed so should be alright.
At least that is what i was told.

rotrax

Visit site
Really? Definitely worth a look then and only a couple of hours from where I live. And the 310 on the 230 Yanmar? I looked at the 280 but i feel that the engine will always be on its limit if you want to get a cruising speed of around 15kts. I hate being under powered.
There has been quite a lot of mission creep on this. We started out on 26 foot and 50k, now we are up to over 34.

Yup, thats how it usually goes................................