Sivota, Lefkas

Garold

Visit site
Last night and today the new and old pontoons seem to be almost entirely used by charter yachts. Only perhaps 10% of those boats on the pontoons are private yachts.

Most of the private yachts seem to be anchored.

Garold

Ps. The Yacht Bar Pontoon seems to have a few private yachts on it. Alongside three large (charter) cats.

Last edited:

AndrewB

Visit site
Pontoon aficionados will be delighted to hear there are now seven pontoons in Sivota, with an eighth on the way, by the look of the pontoon pile beside "The Yacht Bar".

If only they could get their act together, they could turn the whole place into a decent marina.

B&M

Visit site
There is a rumour that all but one have been built illegally, being built without permission from the local council. They are insisting that those built illegally are removed by next year. I have also heard that a standard charge will be levied for all boats moored to the shore or pontoon next year. It will be interesting to see what actually happens!!

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
There is a rumour that all but one have been built illegally, being built without permission from the local council. They are insisting that those built illegally are removed by next year. I have also heard that a standard charge will be levied for all boats moored to the shore or pontoon next year. It will be interesting to see what actually happens!!

It would be interesting to see what happen , my guess Nothing . It's a harbour for charter boats now , best leave it that way plenty of much better places to go . Sivota stopped being a nice place some years back as far as I am concern .