Sinking/sunk boat St Lawrence bay River Blackwater

Jon4468

Visit site
I walked the dogs this morning at dead low and the pulpit was grinning out of the water by about 18”, so at least it will be easy enough to get a rope around the Samson post to drag the thing out of the way.
It would be nice to have some markers around it but I’m not sure who that would fall to.

dunedin

Visit site
It would be nice to have some markers around it but I’m not sure who that would fall to.
“Trinity House is the General Lighthouse Authority for England, Wales, the Channel Islands and Gibraltar. It provides marine navigation aids to assist the safe passage of mariners through waters in these areas. It is also responsible for marking and dispersing wrecks which are a danger to navigation.” - Trinity House.

Daydream believer

Visit site
“Trinity House is the General Lighthouse Authority for England, Wales, the Channel Islands and Gibraltar. It provides marine navigation aids to assist the safe passage of mariners through waters in these areas. It is also responsible for marking and dispersing wrecks which are a danger to navigation.” - Trinity House.
If it is close enough for it to be seen at LW then I doubt that any authority ( other thanMaldon chasing the owner to get it moved) would bother. Of course, that assumes it was recovered in a reasonable time. Even the fishermen,- who insist on trawling nets through our moorings,- do not come in that close to the shore.

Seastoke

Visit site
Nothing to do with the sailing club. The fairway committee is an independent body. It only rents sites. If a holder of a mooring tenancy happens to be a club member then that is the only connection. Nothing else.

The Clerk to the committee (Who we call our HM for convenience as he organises servicing, site layout etc as well as committee admin) could walk away as it is not his issue. It is between boat owner & RNLI & mooring holder. For obvious reasons I am sure that the HM will do his best to liaise with all parties as he is best able to do so. He will do his best to mediate to an amicable conclusion & avoid confrontation. But it is not his job description- It was not in mine.
When you say mooring holder, the ones that provide the mooring to the guy who rents it from them . Are not providing with what states in his contract .

Jon4468

Visit site
When you say mooring holder, the ones that provide the mooring to the guy who rents it from them . Are not providing with what states in his contract .
@Daydream believer will know more than I, previously being the grand wizard of the fairways. From what I know is that all the tackle is specified by the fairways, and can be sourced elsewhere or supplied so it is the property of the mooring user.

Daydream believer

Visit site
You do not understand. The fairway committee rent a site to a person labelled as "The mooring holder". That person then supplies his own mooring equipment & lays (or arranges to have it laid) himself. There is a minimum standard for the mooring tackle laid down by the Fairway Committee which is agreed with every owner. There is also a maintenance regime agreed with all the holders for convenience. But in the end the mooring holder is responsibile for his/her mooring.
I do act as a chandler for those that want to make use of a bulk buying arrangement. I also make up gear for holders. I also lay moorings for them. But in the end I am only working as an unpaid sub contractor ( for want of a better description) to them to lay their moorings. We do this as a sort of group operation as all the holders tend to act as such. Every 3 years we arrange for a tug to lift all the moorings for which each holder pays. This saves them making individual arrangements at what might be considerably higher costs.

The cruiser class captain & harbour master collect the fees & work with the tug. Then I meet each owner. Sort & lay their mooring again. A couple make their on arrangements, which they are perfectly entitled to do
See
moorings

Jon4468

Visit site
You do not understand. The fairway committee rent a site to a person labelled as "The mooring holder". That person then supplies his own mooring equipment & lays (or arranges to have it laid) himself. There is a minimum standard for the mooring tackle laid down by the Fairway Committee which is agreed with every owner. There is also a maintenance regime agreed with all the holders for convenience. But in the end the mooring holder is responsibile for his/her mooring.
I do act as a chandler for those that want to make use of a bulk buying arrangement. I also make up gear for holders. I also lay moorings for them. But in the end I am only working as an unpaid sub contractor ( for want of a better description) to them to lay their moorings. We do this as a sort of group operation as all the holders tend to act as such. Every 3 years we arrange for a tug to lift all the moorings for which each holder pays. This saves them making individual arrangements at what might be considerably higher costs.

The cruiser class captain & harbour master collect the fees & work with the tug. Then I meet each owner. Sort & lay their mooring again. A couple make their on arrangements, which they are perfectly entitled to do
See
We had a look for it Saturday morning at about 1/2 way up the tide but we couldn’t see any sign of it so hopefully it’s covered deep enough to not be a problem but recovery will be tricky now.