Single-hander seeks Marinas & boltholes on the west coast of Holland, Belgium and Northern France

Dee Bee

Visit site
Honfleur is also lovely and a Port of Entry/exit. Immigration is arranged through the marina office (tucked away in a side street behind the town hall).

johnalison

Visit site
Honfleur is also lovely and a Port of Entry/exit. Immigration is arranged through the marina office (tucked away in a side street behind the town hall).
Perhaps a bit out of the way for a delivery, but it is really the jewel of the Normandy coast and it would be a shame to miss it if you’ve not been there before. It would be worth it just to visit Erik Satie’s house which is bonkers.

peter gibbs

Visit site
Hi folks,
I'm planning to buy a 30ft sailing yacht in the IJsselmeer of Holland, in early Spring, to deliver it to the south coast of England, possibly on my own. It looks like I can take it through the North Sea Canal before stopping at IJmuiden. Are there many Marinas & boltholes along the west coast of Holland, Belgium and Northern France, before I cross the English Channel? Any experienced suggestions as to the passage plan is greatly appreciated!
If you face boistrous weqather or fancy an easy shakedown trip in your vessel, you should consider using the canals Amsterdam to Scheveningen, the so-called mastup route. It's well described in the CA almanac. If winds are SW and you are moving down the Dutch coast you will encounter demanding conditions so its worth considering. From Scheveningen it's easy hops down the Belgian coast to Dunkirk from which you can cross to Ramsgate / Dover and proceeed onwards.

johnalison

Visit site
If you face boistrous weqather or fancy an easy shakedown trip in your vessel, you should consider using the canals Amsterdam to Scheveningen, the so-called mastup route. It's well described in the CA almanac. If winds are SW and you are moving down the Dutch coast you will encounter demanding conditions so its worth considering. From Scheveningen it's easy hops down the Belgian coast to Dunkirk from which you can cross to Ramsgate / Dover and proceeed onwards.
Schengen permitting, you have quite a choice of exit points. We used the Roompot quite often, but this can be a problem with those with too much air draft. It was then an easy day's run across to Blankenberg and home. On other occasions, and always in foul weather, we returned via Hansweert and Breskens to avoid the the Versemeer kerfuffle.

westhinder

Visit site
Could you possibly be confusing Scheveningen and Vlissingen? As far as I know Scheveningen has no link with the Staande Mast Route, whereas Vlissingen is the most southwesterly exit point.

bluerm166

Visit site
NIEUWPORT FIRING RANGE 2024 RELEVANT DATES AND CONTACT

Since the detailed days of firing beyond March are still not published, here from the NTM are the days when ' you will not normally ' be at risk in the range sectors.

Attachments

• NIEUWPORT RANGE 2024.pdf
    215.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: