Simrad RD68 MMSI reset

FulmarJeddo

Home-Sidcup, boat-Lower Halstow, Kent, England
Visit site
Sorry to be thick. Still can't see it.
Is ic1 the ic above 17 in this new picture?
If so there is an 'available' pair of pin holes above the 68 in the label just below the 2 resistors or maybe transistors.
Does not look much like the diagram.
Thanks in hope

I suspect you may have a later radio. Mine matched the diagram quite well. I seem to recall that mine had a transistor and capacitors in the area of the small IC. I think the IC in the diagram is the large one with the QC label on it. That would make the link under the blue or green wires. The link point was 2 square or rectangular pads on the printed circuit that were tinned, and close enough to bridge with a blob of solder.

jakeroyd

Visit site
Thank you for your patience fulmarjeddo.
i examined all of the area of the PCs around the wiring referred to.
There is nothing with a pair of tinned pins sticking up.
Only more let's call them resistors and the tiny copper rings seen all over the pub.
i can only assume my radio can not be changed like this.
i can send it back to Simrad but of course I'm not going to do that.

Time for a new radio (just discovered I have had the wrong MMSI for years!)
Looking at Standard Horizons GX2200E.

Heckler

Visit site
I suspect you may have a later radio. Mine matched the diagram quite well. I seem to recall that mine had a transistor and capacitors in the area of the small IC. I think the IC in the diagram is the large one with the QC label on it. That would make the link under the blue or green wires. The link point was 2 square or rectangular pads on the printed circuit that were tinned, and close enough to bridge with a blob of solder.
Going by the tinypic it will be under the blue green wires with the pcb link from the fourth pin down
S

jakeroyd

Visit site
Thanks
I'll have another look
Not by the radio until tomorrow.
I guess the link is in red in the tinypic.

Cuza

Visit site
Yes, this is the link that I Made and I Programmed my radio, I Have an video, i can send it to see if the menu is the same.

Best regards

old_doozer

Visit site
Hello folks

I have just bought a second hand Simrad RD68 - does anybody have a copy of the pdf that Fulmarjeddo refers to with the instructions to re-program the MMSI number? Thanks in advance

old_doozer

Visit site
Having now looked at the diagram and the link to the photo posted by Cuza I see that I have the same pcb as Jakeroyd. Did anybody ever work out which were the two contacts for that model?

old_doozer

Visit site
I have now taken a photo of my pcb, which appears to be the same as Jakeroyd's one. I have found TWO different sets of square pads that are close to each other as indicated by the red and blue arrows. Any clues as to which ones should be sorted folks?
AF1QipMeAvS3MS3I5K2LLeamSqPBa6i5o2kjFowZ-onM

inglet

Visit site
Hi,

I also have the same issue with my Simrad RD68. Couldn't find any information on how to reset it but here, ao if anyone have the information that I need I would be very grateful:)

Ingar

tommyfingerprint

Visit site
Please Can anyone help me with info to reset Simrad RD68 MMSI which pins do i need to join please.. PCB is same as jakeroyds picture..

Many Thanks Tom

Last edited:

BroadsBen

Visit site
HI jakeroyd,

I search in all my computer and i found this, i saw taht your pcb is not the same.

http://tinypic.com/r/2gv4o5z/9

I really want to help you but i have only this

Best regards

I have tried this with my RD68, made the link, powered up the unit, switched off the unit and removed the link and nothing has changed. The memory had not been erased and there was no option to change the MMSI.

If anyone has anymore information on this then I would be most grateful.

Best regards,

Ben

BroadsBen

Visit site
I have just realised that I was a bit premature removing the link!
It does work! I tried again, and now with the link still in, you can go into the MMSI settings and re-enter the number.
This process dose not do a factory reset on the unit as I was expecting, all of the stored MMSI numbers were still in the directory and the privet channels were still present.

I may try and make a short video for youtube if it helps others out....

Ben

Elias

Visit site
Please Can anyone help me with info to reset Simrad RD68 MMSI which pins do i need to join please.. PCB is same as jakeroyds picture..

Many Thanks Tom

I have the same problem!
My PCB looks like the one from jakeroyds and i don't know how to reset the mmsi.

Could anyone please help me?

Thx

Yngmar

Visit site
Just had to do this on my old RD68, and I also have the version with the colourful wires that jakeroyd photographed, so the solder bridge from the PDF wasn't there. Found it on the second guess though :)

For future reference, make a bridge as shown in the photo below - the contacts were not tinned originally and I used a thin wire to connect them. After that, a small arrow appears to the right of the MMSI and pressing the softkey next to it enters the MMSI input mode.

Simrad_RD68_MMSI_reset.jpg

dimfr

Visit site
Hi all,
Looking around for info to reset a simrad AIS (AI50), i bumped into this thread. Looks like it is not easy to access the pdf file that Fulmar Jeddo had (11 years ago, i know).
Although this is not the piece of info I do need, I'm thinking i could make the file available on my usual French forum (often visited by british/Spanish/others).
Anybody here could send me the original pdf file?
Thanks! Dimitri from Fr PS: i must be missing something, cannot find a way to MP Fulmar or anybody else.