Simpsons Davits

hlb

RIP
Visit site
As many will know, I got my davits bashed. The replacements came with removable davit handles. Sure enough, one is missing. No one will admit it's in the drink. But I would not be surprised. It's a square drive, Male, seems to be about 7/16th., is this a standard half inch drive.?

Male end being the handle. I have not got a standard Half inch drive here on the boat to test it. The other problem is it's a hundred turns, from dinghy up to down, which is now 200 turns with only one handle. I'm wondering whether to offer lift outs on my davits. !!.

I'm thinking if the boat dont sell quick, of modifying my drill, to half inch drive. So I can wiz the dinghy up and down. Any advice??

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
(snip)
Stupid idea.

There's no such thing as a stupid idea, some don't work out & some need more work, but all ideas are worth a punt.

It would be worth trying & it it works, keeping the socket handy as a spare in case of need - a new owner might not appreciate a missing handle, but it would be useful to be told that there is an emergency option if needed.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Are the old davits repairable and do you want to give them to me!!!!!!!!

I recon the old ones are repairable, theres just one davit with a kink in the upright bit, so it needs that bit making again. Other than that there fine.

Yes, I'll give you them with pleasure, if you cross my hand with silver.:D

benjenbav

Visit site
As many will know, I got my davits bashed. The replacements came with removable davit handles. Sure enough, one is missing. No one will admit it's in the drink. But I would not be surprised. It's a square drive, Male, seems to be about 7/16th., is this a standard half inch drive.?

Prob 12mm

DAKA

Visit site
only one handle. I'm wondering whether to offer lift outs on my davits. !!.

I'm thinking if the boat dont sell quick, of modifying my drill, to half inch drive. So I can wiz the dinghy up and down. Any advice??

I used to use an electric drill to get my caravan steadies up/down , worked very well :)