Simple sailing ideas

Nostrodamus

www.cygnus3.com
Does anyone have any simple quick ideas that help with sailing. What you can do to make life easier or with old bits of kit rather than throwing them away. I just saw someone with all the pegs on string round the neck to help hand things out. I would like to put simple ideas or second uses for things in a blog.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
Many of us have barometer/weather stations with a remote temp sensor. In the thread running on SButt someone suggested putting the remote sensor in the engine compartment (great idea for engineers) and someone else suggested the fridge (great idea for boozers).

I need a second sensor! :encouragement:

Richard

Yngmar

Visit site
If you have small amounts of dirty Diesel, pour it through a coffee paper filter.

eBay all the leftover bits you have no use for instead of binning them. This has softened the blow for refit costs quite a bit!

Vacuum bags are like having a magical shrink-ray. You can shrink a whole duvet plus covers down to a third the size and fit it on top of the water tank under the bed. Works even better with pillows. The bags will also keep stuff dry and clean instead of moldy and funky smelling until needed. I also do this with seasonal clothing and the bimini/cockpit tent canvas (only one of them is ever up at a time). These ones work best.

Don't let your fridge drain funky fluids into the bilge to mutate down there. Small container with some bleach in it does the job.

That's it for now :)

Nostrodamus

www.cygnus3.com
I got the wife to do the washing up as well. Her primary role as a pleasurable exercise machine is more suited though... Darn, just found out she is very accurate at throwing heavy things but hopeless at ringing an ambulance.