Side Power external thruster

Jonathan2021

Visit site
Hi,

I’m having issues with my external side power stern thruster model SX50
I am getting a “motor high temperature sensor” error displayed on the panel.
With no running time at all the temperature is reading 250c
Can anyone guide me to the location of the temperature sensor? I have looked at the side power website but can not find a thermo or temperature sensor for it.

Thanks.

spannerman

Visit site
I have replaced several of these, its located under the top cover of the motor and is a small blue object attached to the motor top frame,. Its available as a spare part if you look on the spares list.
You will have to split the plastic housing to get to the motor so try to obtain the sealing compound for when you join the housing again.

Jonathan2021

Visit site
I have replaced several of these, its located under the top cover of the motor and is a small blue object attached to the motor top frame,. Its available as a spare part if you look on the spares list.
You will have to split the plastic housing to get to the motor so try to obtain the sealing compound for when you join the housing again.
Thank you! That’s very helpful info. Is it a job that can be completed within a few hours? Just trying to work out if I can replace it with a simple lift out or does it need to go into a yard… annoyingly, the boat has just gone back into the water after a huge amount of maintenance