Show us your mobo!

oldgit

Visit site
A very nice boat, I enjoyed reading the previous owners report in MBM a couple of years back, quite a story, and the picture of the boat being lifted over their house sticks in my mind.
I've seen many of your posts and your giving her the use and care every boat deserves :)

There is a virtually identical one in Adelaide..

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Kekoa1_zps577eadd3.jpg

Here's mine, 2003 Camargue 50.
I looked at your photo and I immediately thought that's a new boat. Sunseeker have done some timeless designs and this is one of them. If you put it next to a new V48 or Targa48, it wouldn't look out of place

MapisM

Visit site
The main logic behind this upgrade is that F30 and F40 are exactly the same engines, except an interior air filter in the air intake.
Interesting stuff indeed, thanks for the hint.
Being onboard BA, we could try with BartW to take the thing apart and see if we can get those additional 10 ponies without even asking a mechanic.
Just a couple of Qs:
1) by "air filter", I assume you mean some mechanical restriction of the air intake diameter, right? And do you know where it's placed, exactly?
2) could you confirm if your engine was the same as the one in the pics below, just to avoid trying to do something which only applies to a different model?
Thanks in advance!
BA-OB_zps9d518947.jpg

BA-OB-label_zps9ec77c54.jpg

vas

Visit site
from Nick's writing it appears that something in the filter system/element/whatever is chipped, has some resistor has some electrical means to id itself in the ECU. So I guess it should be easy to open the cover, remove the filter element and work your way through to find the ponies!

Would be interested to know as well.

have fun!

V.

Nick1150

Visit site
Hi there,

I can tell you what my mechanic did, but I really cannot advise anyone to do it.

2) Looks the same outboard to me. Mine is a 2012 F30 model, but looks the same.
1) Yes the air intake is left front when looking at the aft of the boat. Disconnect the engine from the battery. Then you have to unscrew one bolt and the air filter comes out. Then you have to open the air filter box. The F30 has a plastic "wall" which separates the air filter in two parts. This "wall" has many holes on it just for the air to pass through. You have to cut this wall with a screw driver (it is easy since it has pre-cut markings). Put this plastic element to the garbage... You do not need it anymore. Plug again the two parts of the air filter together, screw the air filter back on the motor, and connect the battery again. Now your F30 will do a self test (always does after battery connect) and will believe that she is an F40! Hope that helped, for me it did the job.

Regards,

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
I looked at your photo and I immediately thought that's a new boat. Sunseeker have done some timeless designs and this is one of them. If you put it next to a new V48 or Targa48, it wouldn't look out of place

I think in general boat builders where building amazing much nicer boats to what we are seeing today in the nineties, early 2000.
It was a period for great looks outside, and at the time this was as important as looking good inside.
Unfortunately the latest new models from most of the major yards do not inspire much confidence with to high freeboards and flybridges, or hard tops looking IMO out of touch....

jfm

Visit site
Nik1150, BartW, MapisM

Nick1150's yammie 30 is the EFI model made from 2009 onwards (I had one), whereas BartW's is the earlier carburettor model. I can fully believe Nick's interesting analysis about tricking the EFI engine to make 40hp, but I would be 99% certain it will not work on the carb model, which doesn't even have an ECU

MapisM

Visit site
Doh! Thanks J, what you're saying makes perfect sense.
I actually suspected that it might have not been an EFI engine, when I took the pic of the label and I saw that it's a 2003 model.
But then again, it still showed "F30", so I thought it was worth asking.
Maybe, it might still be possible to tweak also the carb version, if there was an equivalent 40hp version back in its days.
But definitely it isn't as simple as resetting the ECU mode.
More likely that on top of the removal of some air intake restriction, it's necessary at least to replace the fuel regulators inside the carb.
If not the whole carb, which eventually might not even be worth the hassle...

vas

Visit site
More likely that on top of the removal of some air intake restriction, it's necessary at least to replace the fuel regulators inside the carb.
If not the whole carb, which eventually might not even be worth the hassle...

typically, if they had two models with same cc and different output, it's a matter of removing air restrictions in the filter and replace fuel regulators, doubt the whole exercise's going to set you back more than 20euro (and I'm overly exagerating!)
I was told I can do that on my 2stroke 9.9 to bring it up to iirc 15.

V.

AdeOlly

Visit site
Post 87 has my previous boat, but this is mine since late 2011.
IMGP0067_zps0e52ed62.jpg

I wonder what I'll be posting to this thread a couple of years from now.........