Shout Out for SVB

KeelsonGraham

Visit site
I guess a lot of liveaboards and cruisers know this already, but SVB Gmbh are an absolutely fantastic chandlery service for Europe.

We were stuck in A Coruna with a broken wheel pilot. The local Rymarine dealer quoted 2 weeks for a replcement. SVB had the new part with us within 24 hours. Excellent spoken English on the phone, and when their website says ‘in stock’ it really is.

I can’t recommend them too highly.

Yngmar

Visit site
Seconded. They'll also source any Selden parts not in their catalogue if you give them a part number and ship them with the usual good service. And if you have questions about a part they do have in stock, ask on the website and they'll send someone to go and look at the item and give you measurements or whatever you might need.

Beneteau381

Visit site
I guess a lot of liveaboards and cruisers know this already, but SVB Gmbh are an absolutely fantastic chandlery service for Europe.

We were stuck in A Coruna with a broken wheel pilot. The local Rymarine dealer quoted 2 weeks for a replcement. SVB had the new part with us within 24 hours. Excellent spoken English on the phone, and when their website says ‘in stock’ it really is.

Broken windlass the other week, leroy obsolete somer, svb 3days later and I fitted it

Star-Lord

Visit site

Almost brilliant but not quite. They do not stock 51mm (2 inch) sanitation hose!! ASAP in the UK does but what with Brexit it will be a pain to order. I spoke SVB and they said it comes in 100m roles so it is too expensive for them to stock. I only want 6m. Otherwise they are great.

RO'D

Visit site
Thanks, its suggestions regarding the delivery address I was hoping for - e.g. Will they send to a DHL office, or can someone recommend a helpful marina /port office that I can get it delivered to?

Yngmar

Visit site
What's the best way to get them to deliver to Northern Sardinia?

This I know, because I've just done it for above mentioned Selden parts. Give SVB the following shipping address:

Firstname Lastname
c/o DHL Service Point CAGSO0
Viale Isola Bianca 32
IT 07026 OLBIA

The "CAGSO0" (letter oh followed by digit zero) is the DHL code of this service point. Name is important, because you'll need a passport with that name to pick up the delivery. No prior registration necessary.

You'll get a tracking code and about 7 days later you can go to the free town quay in Olbia, tie up your boat on the huge bollards (come in the morning about 10-11 when some boats have left and there's space). Then walk to the ferry quay on Isole Bianca, two thirds towards the end on the right is a fence with a DHL sign and a bell that doesn't work. Either get some car to honk or shout loudly until the gate opens, walk into the office, present your passport pointing at your name and collect parcel. Open Mon-Fri 9-18 hours.

Visit the free archeological museum 5 minutes from the town quay while you're there :)