should brokers display rates in ads

byron

RIP
Visit site
I think all Brokers have agreed standard rates, whilst these are usually negotiable, formally they are 6% over a certain value, 8% under that value.

ô¿ô

tcm

Visit site
and their salaries too?

er no. There are far too many for a cartel in my opinion. They can charge 2% or 50% if they want, and see how they get on. They don't have to publish rates, nor do they have to have the same rate for each boat or client. I'd charge you more, cos you're a bit awkward. I'd get charged less cos I'd buy the broker a drink before any negotiating, and I'd letim know that I was in the market for a new boat too.

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
personal interest?

Should people posting on this forum declare a personal interest in their thread subjects?

Your quote from previous thread: "Nickster,Try Boatmatch.com,they charge 2 percent to sellers, advertise, have a comprehensive web site,list 300 boats. I have a vested interest, so try it and judge for yourself."

Your questions plough a furrow very close to contravening our Ts and Cs - please at least declare your interest when asking such questions.

kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

tiger_tim

www.boatmatch.com
Re: personal interest?

Kim,apologies,I don't wish to infringe the T's and C's of this informative forum.I was trying to air the issue of brokers commission.In the post relating to a request for information,from Nickster, I named the business that I invest in,but do not operate on a daily basis.I declared my interest.I shall do so in future posts,but I'm sincerely interested in starting the debate,and questioning commission rates........Tim (director of Boatmatch.com the 2% brokerage)

ari

Visit site
Re: personal interest?

Aaaahhh, that explains it.

I hadn't seen your post where you mentioned your interest, I wondered why you kept posting comments trying to discredit established brokerages (suggestions that they're all in a cartel etc). Thought one of them must have upset you, didn't realise it was a marketing ploy!