should be working on the boat this weekend...

DanTribe

Visit site
As a non skier I've been watching the winter olympics with interest. I keep seeing reference to the downhill skiing, when do they do the uphill races?

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
I bet you\'re not.....

.....playing golf with your best mates, then having lunch at the golf club, then watching England trash the Irish, then going back in the evening to the golf club with the womenfolk for a slap up bit of nosh are you? No you lucky b*****d you're off to the piste!

rogerroger

www.myboatdetails.com
Re: I bet you\'re not.....

thanks for entering the spirit of the post!

If you saw me play golf you'd understand why I sail !!

Sounds like a good day - weather should be good as well - high presure on the way - get that ground frozen so even I can drive 250 yds...

Aren't the Irish on form at the mo ? or were the Welsh just especially crap ? ( I missed it)

Roger Holden
www.first-magnitude.co.uk

rogerroger

www.myboatdetails.com
"uphill" skiing is what all the Jonnie Foreigners used to do until the Brits came along, put lifts in an suggested skiing down the hill instead.

We're so crap in the Olympics though as the weather is too bad to be good at the summer games and not quite cold enough for the winter games. We need the "drizzle olympics" and us Brits would be sorted.

Roger Holden
www.first-magnitude.co.uk

G

What all this Sking lark, why does anyone wanna put a 1000cc engine in a fancy looking wet motor bike and then proceed to roar all over creation upsetting ybw forum members<s>

Col

Visit site
Re: aar buit thee eint nun betar et

Sounds like you've been breathing in zinc fumes, from welding your water tank/pontoon float!!!

;-)

Jeremy_W

Visit site
We need the "drizzle olympics" and us Brits would be sorted.
=======================================
We've got them - that's why all our Gold medals were won on the water - sailing, rowing, triple jumping (based on the kids' game of jumping over a succession of puddles in the school playground), boxing (thumping foreigners who dare to insult our wonderful weather)...

Torville and Dean would have won even more medals if they had been skating on good, honest British slush rather than that nasty pristine foreign ice.

:)

david_e

It\'s half time......

..........and England are superb, Golf - glorious, course in good nick, best weekend of the year, played to 8 (my handicap). Good lunch, can't wait for tonight, lots of wind ups and fun! Haven't seen my boat since November, I hope she's OK!

billmacfarlane

Visit site
I'm immune to your smugness having just brought myself and a tan back from Southern Spain. Oh almost forgot - going sailing tomorrow - hope to hoist my cruising chute for the first time.

Andy

Visit site
Re: aar buit thee eint nun betar et

Surely if alcohol is banned on boats now ,so must class a drugs!

G

You miss the point, Pete. It's all a deeply laid plot.
"Her in doors" thinks she's going sking. Not a bit of it.
He's packed some telescopic tube, low stretch line and a sail made from her nighty. He's gonna try out a gunter rigged snowboard!!!
Have fun Rog.
Rod

david_e

Wondering why....

Did you manage to get out and test your cruisig chute Bill? Even a great week-end at home can't beat messing about at the boat............here I am wondering why I live 170 miles from the Marina? (I know the answer but it doesn't help!)

billmacfarlane

Visit site
Re: Wondering why....

Hello David. Didn't manage to test my cruising chute as we went down to Chichester on Sunday and there wasn't a breath of wind. Dropped anchor for the first time instead and had lunch off of East Head with the heater on. Love the elctric windlass ( after I has got "up" and "down" the right way round on the binnacle control).