Shore transport

MAURICE

Visit site
Hi
I have my boat in Spain am thinking of getting a monkey bike of 90cc to travel around the ports towns etc. the bike weighs 73kg so should be able to store it on boat. Has anybody any experience with this sort of transport on boats? What would the problems be etc.
Thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

ccscott49

Visit site
I have a 125cc trailway mortorbike aboard, wouldn't be without it, brilliant for getting around the places you wouldn't normally see. No problems with insurance for any EU country.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Hi, I have gopeds. Five, I am afraid. See goped.com. These make a total racket (sorry dave) but we only usem for wanging round the marina/town in daytime. The electric ones are a bit weedy. A foldy bike is an idea for quietness but not speedy.

CCscotts proper motorbike is serious for actually going several miles, but needs deck space and his boat is nearly 60 foot, big motorsailer.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ccscott49

Visit site
You don't need a brit one, any EU country and any that will issue an international one. My bike is registered in Gibraltar, but one registered in any EU country is ok. I do believe you are still allowed to use an unregistered one, as tender to etc. around the harbour areas, up to 50cc. You certainly could, up to a couple of years ago.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ccscott49

Visit site
You don't need a brit one, any EU country and any that will issue an international one. My bike is registered in Gibraltar, but one registered in any EU country is ok. I do believe you are still allowed to use an unregistered one, as tender to etc. around the harbour areas, up to 50cc. You certainly could, up to a couple of years ago. The Honda Dax, is ideal for a smaller boat, my brother carried one for years onboard a 46 footer, but I've seen them on 36 footers. I think Honda nolonger make them, but they are now made under licence in Korea or somewhere like that!

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

I've just been given a pogo stick... folds for handy storage, beautiful shiny design, great exercise, no trouble with drink riding.... but might take some time to get anywhere until I've got it mastered. Only minor injuries so far...

<hr width=100% size=1>