Shipmate RS8100 VHF

jon_bailey

www.cerberusstorage.co.uk
I am trying to faultfind my VHF radio because the handset on the flybridge does not work at all. I am not sure whether it is the handset or the connectors/cable. Unfortunately the connector for the bridge handset is completely different to the handset in the cabin so cannot simply swap them over.

Question is, does anyone have a Shipmate RS8100 with a flybridge handset plugged in through a 10 pin circular connector (not sure if this is a standard fit or not). At least I could then check the handset and eliminate that. Alternative is to breakout the connector(s) but this is not going to be simple.

Boat is based on the Itchen.

Thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

andyball

Visit site
we've a dual station shipmate setup....but the 8300/8400 series. Don't know if the handsets were the same? & that range had two different plug/sockets anyway.

Marine electronics at port solent were selling them s/h & seemed to know a bit about 'em, so could be worth a call.

The handsets do seem to fail , but worth checking first, of course.

Have you a photo/diagram of the connector & I'll see if it's the same as ours....also is there a part no on the handset?.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jon_bailey

Duncan

Thanks to a very generous forumite I have been lent a flybridge cruiser for a few months. I have agreed to undertake some maintenance, which is why the VHF needs repair.

The last few months have been 'interesting' and far too complex for the forum, but I'll explain all next time we meet up.

Jon

<hr width=100% size=1>

jon_bailey

Andy

Thanks and I'll give Marine Electronics a call.

Handset is just marked with type RS8110 Serial number 4932009 - A.

The plug on the handset is a female 8 pin made by Amp could be type 9415. It is arranged in a 3 3 2 configuration. I could take a picture it that would be helpful.

<hr width=100% size=1>

andyball

Visit site
Not the same as either of our connectors....one is switchcraft, the other ??? but both circular & "horseshoe" terminal arrangement, I think...will check.

<hr width=100% size=1>

andyball

Visit site
6-way plugs on mine & handset is 8415, so maybe wouldn't substitute anyway.

The original set (retained by previous owner) used an amp socket though, but don't think I kept the loom....if I find I did, will pm you.

Do try marine electronics- they can prob. test the handset for you whatever plug is on there.

<hr width=100% size=1>