Sending an outboard motor via Royal Mail?

ash2020

Visit site
Does anyone know if it is allowed to send a small outboard via Royal Mail?
Someone's interested in buying a small Suzuki 2.5 4 stroke I have for sale on Gumtree and he's asked if he can arrange delivery by Royal Mail.
I would be very surprised if it was allowed but I can't find it in the list of prohibited items. I would obviously have to drain the oil as it's a 4 stroke.
Weighs about 13kg.

Mei Mac

www.smala.net
If the RoyalMail won't take it I assume a courier company would. Costly though. DHL would cost around £35 to move a 13kg parcel (120cm x 30cm x 30cm) from one UK postcode to another.

ash2020

Visit site
Having googled Gumtree scams I think that's what it is. They send you a fake Paypal transaction, you send the goods, you never see your money! I'll string him along for a bit and see what happens.

KevinV

Visit site
Having googled Gumtree scams I think that's what it is. They send you a fake Paypal transaction, you send the goods, you never see your money! I'll string him along for a bit and see what happens.
With fuel prices being what they are it's getting ridiculous driving any distance to collect anything - asking for delivery (on it's own) wouldn't indicate a scam in my eyes? If you organise the delivery then you know where it's going - if they do it you don't.

Steve65

Visit site
Royal mail will courier outboards. You would need to drain fluids. You then have the hassle if (when) it gets damaged in transit and also potential claims of it being faulty.
In my opinion show it them working and take the cash