Selling a boat online

richardknight

Visit site
Has anyone had any fisthand experience of either selling or looking for a yacht online? We're about to put ours on the market and are interested in trying the online route out. So too, any recommendations or sites to try?

Many thanks,

Richard

Windfall

Visit site
We've just had a fantastic response to our ad in (oops can I say this on a rival publication?) Buy A Boat - which also has a web site. We've sold to the first viewer and have had several calls in the first week.

IanPoole2

Visit site
I found my boat on the net.
First thing I did was use the net as a resource to track down lots of boats I was interested in in a small geographical area, then paid a visit to as many as I could.
Both private and brokers advertise.
A problem you may have is getting as much exposure as possible - punters need to find you on websites from search engines, not easy. The boat I eventually bought was only on 1 website and that website not very easy to find, I only fluked it myself. Do some search tests via Google / Yahoo and other search engines first, just to see if your chosen boat is found. Search for a boat marque that you know is on the site.
I agree with Windfall - Buy-a-boat was an excellent tool for tracking down boats.

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
I sold mine on line with a free ad on this site, works in conjunction with a classified ad in YM, the internet ad is free. (or it used to be).

Have just sold my inflatable in a day on boatsandoutboards.com, and am still getting enquiries.

For anyone serious or just browsing the internet is a great resource and the social economic profile of a boat buyer fits with web use.

If you are going to use more than one broker site, consider contacting the RYA for advice on this.