SeaWork 2014

NoIllusion

Boat at Bucklers....SWMBO and I in Lymington
Visit site
Spent today at the show located in the fruit terminal at Southampton Docks. Absolutely fantastic!. Really interesting kit on show, ability to get out on the water in some pretty robust looking vessels......think tugs......big tugs!!. Only had chance to see around one third of the exhibition hall but still have 2 more days there to get around the rest. Entry is free......so if you get the chance, give it a go.......you will not be disappointed.

Solitaire

Visit site
Spent today at the show located in the fruit terminal at Southampton Docks. Absolutely fantastic!. Really interesting kit on show, ability to get out on the water in some pretty robust looking vessels......think tugs......big tugs!!. Only had chance to see around one third of the exhibition hall but still have 2 more days there to get around the rest. Entry is free......so if you get the chance, give it a go.......you will not be disappointed.
Fully agree. I went today and it was great. :encouragement:

Peanuts

Visit site
Hi

I plan to be there tomorrow, have been going to it every year since it originally started in Port Solent and has gone from strength to strength.

Who else on this forum will be there?

www.pbsbac.co.uk
I will be there with two buddies.

Looking forward to my first visit and have a few bits I am really looking forward to seeing, especially a mates new boat on the breaksea stand. He received his boat in Poole last Wednesday went over to Alderney fishing Thursday, returned to Poole Pm Sunday then up to Southampton where the guys there must of worked overtime giving it a scrub readying it for public viewing Tuesday :)

Martin

Solitaire

Visit site
A few pix from my visit today.

I would have one of these!

4-IMGP1007_zps4cd18189.jpg

I bet this was fun mooring!
5-IMGP1006_zps8d740ebe.jpg

It was a hot day - bet he was the coolest chap there!

2-IMGP1002_zpsdc96dd17.jpg

A different perspective from a "normal" boat show.

1-IMGP1001_zps7d11cca0.jpg

And I found the solution for infringements of IRPCS

3-IMGP1004_zpsd3c0fcec.jpg

Greg2

Visit site
I was there yesterday with work. Some good stuff and an interesting day. Well worth a visit :)

NoIllusion

Boat at Bucklers....SWMBO and I in Lymington
Visit site

Did anyone take the time to look at the Scania engines? There was a 9.3 litre rated at 400hp on their stand. A little bit bulky but what stood out was the ease of accessibility to the servicing components, in particular the impellor which was situated on the back of the engine above the flywheel........totally unobstructed!!.........engineering heaven!!!.......please Volvo.........TAKE NOTICE!!!

aquapower

Visit site
Did anyone take the time to look at the Scania engines? There was a 9.3 litre rated at 400hp on their stand. A little bit bulky but what stood out was the ease of accessibility to the servicing components, in particular the impellor which was situated on the back of the engine above the flywheel........totally unobstructed!!.........engineering heaven!!!.......please Volvo.........TAKE NOTICE!!!

I have worked on the Yanmar/Scania engines a few years back and found reasonably easy to access impellers, can be obstructed by gearbox pipe work or exhaust in some installations.

Latestarter1

Visit site
I have worked on the Yanmar/Scania engines a few years back and found reasonably easy to access impellers, can be obstructed by gearbox pipe work or exhaust in some installations.

Not sure why more leisure vessel builders do not take notice of what is happening in commercial market, Scania have simply walked away from Cat, Cummins, MAN in the 400/1,000 Hp node, for example RNLI prototype Shannon had CAT C9 and Finning thought deal was in the bag, however CAT marine engine range in a muddle with introduction of Tier 3, Scania quietly introduced D9, 13 and 16 at Tier 3 with no drama.

The Yanmar deal with Scania was aimed at getting them a foot hold in leisure market however support provided by Yanmar dealers for the engines was at best poor, particularly when in came to access to diagnostic tools and parts holding and pricing. Scania terminated the deal two years ago however Barrus still have engines on their website, perhaps they still have stock to shaft somebody with as they had two other Yanmar engine ranges on show at Seawork which are no longer in production, ho hum.

The reason why water pump on rear of engines as this is the correct place to have timing gears and pump goes onto auxiliary drive aperture.

Weakest engine in the range is the five pot D9, D13 is real nice and D16 is a peach of a motor.

Sneds

Visit site
My employer had a stand at the show and I enjoyed looking around, especially outside as the sun was glorious.
The traffic, however was not. What are they doing in Southampton, digging up every road?

Would post some pics but don't know how!

aquapower

Visit site
My employer had a stand at the show and I enjoyed looking around, especially outside as the sun was glorious.
The traffic, however was not. What are they doing in Southampton, digging up every road?

Would post some pics but don't know how!

The roadworks have been ongoing for a while now, hope its all done before SIBS as then it will cause problems. I was leaving docks via gate beside holiday inn although they weren't advertising that as everyone was being sent out of main exit.