Seaward Side of Ramsey Island

Jools_of_Top_Cat

Visit site
Oh yes indeed, the current, the submerged rocks, choosing a good and safe route through, watching pick up bouy after pick up bouy submerging in the current as we sail past.

There is very little sea room in this area, and the pot fishermen have decided to reduce it further.... it is a hazard to navigation, daylight passage only!

I dread to hear of anyone getting snagged in this area, it reminded me of the swellies, I wonder if they have put pots down in there!

<hr width=100% size=1>Julian

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.topcatsail.co.uk/Honda_00.html>Honda Formula 4-Stroke racing</A>

graham

Visit site
They seem to be everywhere around the west wales coast.

The only good thing is that in fine weather there are usually several dive boats operating who will assist if neccessary.How much tide they can cope with I dont know.

Visiting the area this year I came to the same conclusion as you that Inshore areas are not sensible in the dark. Its hard enough in daylight avoiding them.

Any shoal area of rock seems to attract them but you cant rely on that others seemed to be laid completely at random ie areas where there are no sea bed features noted on the chart.