Sealine F37

G

Hello Everyone!!
This is my first post(very nerve racking-think back to your first post, I am terrified)
Anyway, Iam looking at purchasing a NEARLY new Sealine F37, obviously there cannot be much wrong with because it is so new, but is there anything I should be aware of?
Also what sort of discount could I expect, beaing in mind I would be buying from Sealine as one of their stock boats. Because I could get a brand new shiny one for not much more.
Thanks for any help!
(Phew, got that over with!!)

scottie

Visit site
hi welcome in the water

check out warranties are set up for the basic equipment to run from time of your purchase if it is a demonstrator or a stock boat

G

Welcome to the board Bart. Didn't hurt too much did it, but I know what you mean. Took me about a month of lurking to pluck up the courage to post and then couldn't look at the replies for days in case they'd flamed me. Still much the same, I'm very shy and retiring, much like most of the posters hereabouts.

IMHO the F37 is a super looking boat. MBY did a test on one in the June 2000 mag. You can get a copy of the test either from the MBY copy shop or if you send me your fax no by private message here or e-mail me direct, colin@aquaholic.org.uk, I'll fax it to you. That'll do IPC out of £2.50 but don't suppose they'll mind for a new poster (fingers crossed).

MBY thought it was a good boat, but they tested in Miami with twin Cummins 330's. Downsides they reported were poor engine access, low headroom in places, guest cabin too snug and too few galley drawers. (Sounds a bummer eh). Plus points were large flybridge, 2 heads, sleek styling, extra cleats, plenty of stowage and good driving positions.

Of course you've probably already got this info and wanted a report from someone who's got one. If so, sorry not me, but maybe someone will reply.

Isn't Calm Voyager a F37 Kim.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Welcome Bart, the Simpsons are much admired here!

Have you read the posting further down the page re dealer discounts? If it's a stock boat I would guess that at this time of year they'll be pretty desperate to get rid so make them a silly offer, they can only say no and you can go back and offer more if you think it's worth it. Also suggest that you keep on looking (expect you're doing that anyway) as should be plenty of alternatives to consider. Don't know what the engine options are but almost always the largest seem most popular when coming to sell again. Some of the most popular boats are hard to sell if engines are not big enough.

Let us know how you get on.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by longjohnsilver on Tue Nov 20 23:41:18 2001 (server time).</FONT></P>

G

Re: Sealine F37, first post

damn sight better than my first, which was posted about three times all spelled wrong. But wot has changed?

Sealine are known in the trade as giving the best discounts to dealers. I reckon that means 30% ish but I don't abslouteley know. Herebaouts we've established that fairline is at least 20%, and a fairline +searay dealer was ded keen to know if the searay (brunswick) takeover of sealine meant sealine discounts on searays, er if you follow that lot.

I'm told that the best way to do this is to make the silly offer and GET OFF THE LINE. Make them think, not you. May be telling u to suck eggs here. Anyway, cut a small hole in one end of the egg - oops that IS telling you how to suck an egg - ahem ...the point is make the daft offer say 21% under (so they can say later ok ok 20% the limit matey) and theen you say such as "I am serious, have a think about it". Do not dump number and hang on line which indicates your keenness to buy and hope hopng he'll say well haha cutting my throat 10% etc etc.

Natch, first of all establish all warrnties, that they have your number, that your serious, then dump offer and leavem to stew. If they come back inside 20 mins they have not actually seen the boss, and whatever their comeback offer... stay with your first. Repeat that you are serious (you'd better be) and when it come to "splitting the difference" it'll be between 18% off and 21%, not 10 and 21. I always crack under this sort press.. er oh shit.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Yo! Bart, see the water's not to bad when you jump in, mind you later on when you think you are nice and comfy these nasty peeps tend to make your fred drift.
I know someone who is on their 2nd 37 and is shortly selling it. If you want I will get his email addie for you and he will give you all the pros & cons. His BTW is fully loaded.

ô¿ô
www.education-jobs.co.uk
www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

oldgit

Visit site
Dear bart Please dont forget all your real mates you always have reckoned you to be a really grate bloke and take them on your new boat at no cost ETC.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Mate of mine's got an F37 and loves it. Far better than the F33 he used to own.

Without wishing to state the obvious, if the price of a used one is not much less that a new one why aren't you buying a new one? Or is it a case of the price second hand includes all the necessary extra bits where as the new price excludes them?

I haven't spoken to my mate for a while but i'll give him a call just in case he's thinking of selling.

Pete

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Yes indeed, Calm Voyager is an F37, one of the first off the line.

Had a few teething problems at the outset, most of them to do with trying to keep the diesel in the tanks, finally cured by Sealine taking out the plastic ones fitted and replacing them with aluminium. Also managed to do the thrust bearings on one gearbox. Some disappointments compared to previous F36 (smaller midships cabin, now corrected on the latest F37s) but a lot of improvements.

Overriding fact...after around 1400 hours at sea in the hull that is the basis of the F37 I have complete confidence in it and its ability to tackle a mix of conditions. It's proven itself to be the perfect boat for MBM, small enough to explore some tight places, large enough to offer the accommodation we have needed.

miket

Visit site
I think I am right in thinking that when buying new, as soon as you put it in the water you can wipe off the VAT from the original purchase price.

Say £160k new (VAT £24k).
Therefore secondhand price of practically new boat is £136k.

I have certainly seen nearly new F36's for £140k, usually with all the bells and whistles.

Sorry Clive.

G

I bought second hand from Sealine on the Hamble one of their stock boats. I was very happy with the deal. The warranty they provided was very good in that they have done everything that has come up BUT if I had a complaint to get the work done took rather longer than I would have liked. According to friends who have bought new they have said it takes 12 months to get the bugs sorted from a new boat (mine was 3 years old and they were more minor issues). A s/h boat will usually have lots of goodies (nav heating etc) which will all cost more when new but add little to the s/h price. The cost of these extras need to be considered as by the time you have bow thruster, radar, gps, auto pilot, heating, chart plotter etc you are well over £10k including the governments 17.5%.

Unless you specifically want new IMHO s/h is more cost effective.

Colin