sealine 46 Statesman Comments.

oldgit

Visit site
I have a friend, no really,Oh all right then someone I go drinking with,who been looking at boats and his eye was caught by a sealine 46 statesman. the price of which seems very good compared to a new boat .It is being sold by sealine as a used boat but has a few jobs that need doing( Leaks etc) to it to bring it back up to saleable condition which sealine has agreed to do.The boat will been used both in the uk and in the med mainly for entertaining and social stuff.Any comments would be most helpfull as this is his first boat.

jfm

Visit site
OK then.

I only ever went on one once, for about an hour. The aft cockpit and aft cabin combo works well, good for entertaining guests as it has two big and separate cabins. (In fact, was I on a F44?)

Flybridge a bit cramped imho

Older ones have pretty dodgy internal decor/colour schemes/fabrics imho. Like lots of pale turquoise fabric and white/pale grey formica panels.

Which engines ? - I thort they had 63ps which are trouble free basic jobs.

Allan

Visit site
Sealine never made a 46 Statesmen but they did make a 450 Statesman. What was the year of the craft you were looking at? The 450 measured at 45ft and 9 inches and started in 1990 through to 1997.

oldgit

Visit site
Err sorry about the length fopar i go a bit deaf in pub in case i am asked to buy a round.my chum was assured that the boat was about 3 years old?has a few leaks from fly into cabin Low hours etc etc. asking 150k

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Its now called a T46. Same boat but a bit tarted up

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Whether its a 450 Statesman or a T46, £150k sounds a very good price if its only 3 years old. Normal asking price would be £200k+. Whats wrong with it?
Engines -they all had Volvo 70 series as far as I know. 71A/71B for the early ones, 72A and then 73P on the later ones. I dont believe any of these gave major problems although I heard of a couple of early 72 failures. Boat should be good for around 26 - 30knots, depending on model.
I like the design of these boats although the styling is a bit Mr Blobby - the aft cabin/aft cockpit arrangement works well, IMHO

jfm

Visit site
T46 a different animal, surely?

I wd have thort the T46 is an entirely different boat (I mean different mouldings, different fit out) from Statesman?? A T46 for 150k would be incredible, better value than RichardC's phantom (even if not stolen). I'll buy it for that price, unseen.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Re: T46 a different animal, surely?

No, the T46 is substantially the same animal. Same layout, same basic hull dimensions just like the F43 is the same as the 410 as the 390. Sealine have realised that there's no need to design a new hull to make a new model just lengthen the bathing platform a bit, tart up the furnishings and whack a new label on the outside
A T46 @ £150k would indeed be a bargain assuming the boat's kosher; although the 450's been around for 10 yrs so £150k does'nt sound out of order for an early one