Seagull pro

longjohnsilver

Visit site
This is an ultrasonic type device that claims to scare away seagulls. It’s £69 and I’m tempted to give it a go. Has anyone used it or got any experience of it? The battery is claimed to last for 9 months, with a range of 5-10 meters.

If it works, great, but I have my doubts. Hence asking the question here.

NoviceRod

Visit site
I used one of these https://www.deck-guard.com/, but unfortunately a number of humans can also hear the ultrasonics and I got complaints both from neighbouring boats and those across the ally, so I had to stop using it.

I am not sure it was much good scaring the b*gg*rs away!

You might be OK on your swing mooring in the Dart.

tmtracey

Visit site
I know this is an oldish thread but did the Seagulls Pro work LongjohnSilver?

I had a nightmare with seagulls last year - this product looked interesting.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I know this is an oldish thread but did the Seagulls Pro work LongjohnSilver?

I had a nightmare with seagulls last year - this product looked interesting.
The original seagull pro died through water ingress. I was offered a refund or replacement without any arguments, a good sign, and opted to try again. I was also advised to put the pro in a waterproof box but with holes to allow the noise out.

I only got around to fitting the replacement 5 days ago and will report back in due course as to its success, or otherwise.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Arrived at the boat just now to see a seagull perched about 6” away from the Seagull pro. And lots of evidence of seagulls over the rest of the covers. Disappointed but not surprised.
Don’t waste your time and money!

tmtracey

Visit site
Arrived at the boat just now to see a seagull perched about 6” away from the Seagull pro. And lots of evidence of seagulls over the rest of the covers. Disappointed but not surprised.
Don’t waste your time and money!
Thanks for the update John. Seems it back to the netting plan.

Bouba

Visit site
The other problem with ultrasonic is that dogs can hear it. I would imagine it’s quite annoying and even if you don’t have dogs of your own other boats might regardless of the range it says on the box

Mayfair

Visit site
Bought Seagull Pro for £69 waste of money gulls were nesting inside three meters of the device I sent photos of the device with the gulls sitting close by asked for a refund five times the mails I had back were just rubbish the refund was never ever mentioned do not waste your money.

OSBPH01

Visit site
This is an ultrasonic type device that claims to scare away seagulls. It’s £69 and I’m tempted to give it a go. Has anyone used it or got any experience of it? The battery is claimed to last for 9 months, with a range of 5-10 meters.

If it works, great, but I have my doubts. Hence asking the question here.
Do not waste your time or effort on buying this, it is an absolute con and produces an audible distressing sound audible to humans and does not affect any birds at all never mind the seagulls who I am trying to get rid of! If anything, they are more intrigue. Do NOT be fooled by the slick marketing offer as in fact produces the most audible noise to humans the offer of “ No noise (nuisance of the neighbourhood)-No siren alert or scaring but a slight sound only near the device” is completely false and the birds are not one bit affected by the so called “signal tuned to the seabirds auditory spectrum."

Refueler

Visit site
Do not waste your time or effort on buying this, it is an absolute con and produces an audible distressing sound audible to humans and does not affect any birds at all never mind the seagulls who I am trying to get rid of! If anything, they are more intrigue. Do NOT be fooled by the slick marketing offer as in fact produces the most audible noise to humans the offer of “ No noise (nuisance of the neighbourhood)-No siren alert or scaring but a slight sound only near the device” is completely false and the birds are not one bit affected by the so called “signal tuned to the seabirds auditory spectrum."

mmmm this thread is very old !!

Daydream believer

Visit site
Actually if it annoys dogs that is a good thing. If it made my neigbours dog bark continuously, instead of every time I went into my garden, they might get fed up themselves & give it a good kicking. That might shut the b..y thing up full time.
I could turn it on when I go to the loo at 01-00 hours for a while, so it wakes them up. Then they get a basinful of the darned thing barking at night, instead of when they are at work.

Last edited:

Refueler

Visit site
Like mouse mole and rat scarers they very soon get used to them and ignore it.

I've had all sorts of Ultrasonics for insects / mice / rats etc. Useless.

The only gear that I have had success with - Mole Scarers ... the solar power viibrators you stick in the ground ... BUT you need to move them around regularly. If you leave in one place - they soon get used to it .. but move it as they move and it works.