Seago Liferafts - Servicing

Sy-Revolution

Visit site
I just got off the phone from Suffolk Sailing after enquiring about getting my Seago 4 man canister Liferaft serviced. Apparently Seago do their own and at a cost of £180+. This seems a bit steap, nearly half the original cost.

More troubling is that I'd wanted to have the raft checked out independantly and be there to view the process. does anyone know an East Coast firm that could do it:
a. Cheaper
b. infront of me?

Crispin.

CPD

Visit site
I am sure there is a company in Burnham. I took my Winslow there, they blew it up but didnt have the kit needed so sent it to another firm in Dartford. Memory rubbish this morning at names. Sorry !

FullCircle

Visit site
I have a Seago 6 man. 140 quid to service and they collect every Thursday from Mailspeed Marine, free.

Don't know if they have this arrangement with any other chandlery though.

boatmike

Visit site
Firstly go to Mayday marine in Portsmouth 023 92 662990. Secondly £180 is not expensive. It only needs doing every 4 years so that's the equivalent of £45 per year which is less than 10% of the cost of a new one not half. When equating new with servicing do recognise that that is comparing labour charges in the far east where they are made with UK. Also there is no less to do servicing a budget liferaft to an expensive one really. Mayday will do what you want though and probably be a bit cheaper.

gavin_lacey

Visit site
Like 'tradewinds'. Marine safety Centre - Lowestoft. Have dealt with them for years. Have been allowed to view inflated raft, personalise contents, etc. Excellent company, personal service, have always been price competitve.

FullCircle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No it's not. I bought a self righting 4 man last year and it's good for 4 years.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry Mike, Seago must have upped the servicing periods.

My 2005 model is 3 years, so I had it done last year, like it said on the label.

FullCircle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Premium Life Raft services are at:-

LIFERAFT HOUSE,BURNHAM BUSINESS PARK, BURNHAM-ON-CROUCH, ESSEX, CM0 8TE

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year, they couldn't service Seago - which was the main reason for me having a pop at the MD at last years London Boat show.