sea toilet pump action

oldgit

Visit site
Cheapskates method

To get you "going"
best to pump out as much water as poss from bowl.
Tip cupful cheapest cookng oil you can find down bowl and lubricate everything.
Repeat until toilet pump feels free.
At regular intervals or when pump stars to get stiff again redose yer loo.
You can extend life of bog pump considerably (years) intil funds/time /inclination/complaints force you to bite the bullet :)

LionsDen

www.bbiuk.com
To get you "going"
best to pump out as much water as poss from bowl.
Tip cupful cheapest cookng oil you can find down bowl and lubricate everything.
Repeat until toilet pump feels free.
At regular intervals or when pump stars to get stiff again redose yer loo.
You can extend life of bog pump considerably (years) intil funds/time /inclination/complaints force you to bite the bullet :)

Does this also apply if you have a electric pump with a macerator :confused:

Sandyman

Visit site
hi all

after using the toilet for the 1st time last week i found it very stiff to work and the plunger makes an awfull sqeeking noise

Toilet !!! Toilet !!! Do you mean ''Heads'' ?

How can you call yourselves 'Sailors' when you do not know or use the correct terminology ?

prv

Visit site
Are you sure that it is the pump itself that is stiff? Are your seacocks open?

If they're not, we might hear the shitsplosion from here :D

Happened on one of the Army boats where some hulking great infantryman didn't think to ask why it was getting difficult to pump, and just leaned on it harder...

Pete

PaulGooch

www.boat-fishing.co.cc
Toilet !!! Toilet !!! Do you mean ''Heads'' ?

How can you call yourselves 'Sailors' when you do not know or use the correct terminology ?

As you can see, we're just clueless mobo'ers over here, not proper 'Sailers' :D

will have to check this at the weekend only just put boat in the water so answer is i dont know

rafiki_

Visit site
The trouble with Heads, is it is a bit generic, as the shower and washbasin are also in the Heads in most Mobo's. Laner needed some specific advice, toherwise we might be asking him to dismantle, or tip oil into the wrong bit.

mad_boater

Visit site
hi all

after using the toilet for the 1st time last week i found it very stiff to work and the plunger makes an awfull sqeeking noise when used

can i lubricate the plunger with anything or could this damage any seals that are in there

i think the kids may struggle a bit with it, i have added the pic as i don't know what type of toilet it is

IMG_0006.jpg

Over the years I have tried all different lubricants to make the toilet pump easier.
At last I have found something that works and stays working for months unlike cooking baby, olive oil ect none of it lasts.The stuff I use is silicone grease in a tube bought off ebay.It wasn't cheap but well worth every penny.I bought quite a big tube which was far too much as I have only used it twice this season.The method I use is to pump all the water out, lift the pump to the top undo the six screws pull out the plunger, smear the pump seal and the bore with the grease.Be carefull not to get the grease on the plastic top seal or it won't seal.When you come to put the screws back in twist them anticlockwise till you feel where the thread starts then you won't cross thread them.loosely tighten them up then tighten them up diagonaly.Don't tighten them too much.

gravygraham

Visit site
I'd use silicone grease or spray. A lot of oil based lubricants can attack the rubber washers.

I'd like to suggest ripping it out and replacing with an electric one, but like others here have commented, they ain't half noisy. I'm considering having mine out for another manual one like in our old boat. That one never went wrong.

andy59

Visit site
You know it makes sense Shawn , £60 and 10 mins to fit or a mutinous crew with no working bog . I know wich I would prefer :D:D

l'escargot

Visit site
Over the years I have tried all different lubricants to make the toilet pump easier.
At last I have found something that works and stays working for months unlike cooking baby, olive oil ect none of it lasts.The stuff I use is silicone grease in a tube bought off ebay.It wasn't cheap but well worth every penny.I bought quite a big tube which was far too much as I have only used it twice this season.The method I use is to pump all the water out, lift the pump to the top undo the six screws pull out the plunger, smear the pump seal and the bore with the grease.Be carefull not to get the grease on the plastic top seal or it won't seal.When you come to put the screws back in twist them anticlockwise till you feel where the thread starts then you won't cross thread them.loosely tighten them up then tighten them up diagonaly.Don't tighten them too much.

You don't need to undo the screws. Lift the handle and where the shaft enters the pump there is a large plastic moulded nut. Undo this with a spanner and you can withdraw the plunger for lubricating.

Robg71

Visit site
I have just bought two Jabsco's to replace mine. Unfortunatly need to modify the plumbing a bit. Spares for my toilets are apparently rare as rocking horse poo... And they leak and stink a bit...