Sea Sicknesses what did you get and how did you cure it

Ben Dockrell 22

Visit site
Hello

Did you go on a sailing holiday or a quick trip and come down with something nasty ? or even serious ?

Was it a common problem or something of a problem in the part of the world you visited ?

Are there illnesses which do not have that much to do with another country but can happen while being well offshore more to do with the seas or oceans ?
I know wooden boats are prone to very hungry worms in some places do such worms cause human health problems ?

Hope this finds you all well of course :)

Davy_S

Visit site
1/
Did you go on a sailing holiday or a quick trip and come down with something nasty ? or even serious ?

2/Was it a common problem or something of a problem in the part of the world you visited ?

3/Are there illnesses which do not have that much to do with another country but can happen while being well offshore more to do with the seas or oceans ?
4/I know wooden boats are prone to very hungry worms in some places do such worms cause human health problems ?
1/ yes, venerial disease in Plymouth
2/both.
3/yes Scurvy.
4/only if you swallow them,tapeworm can help you lose weight.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
Hello

Was it a common problem or something of a problem in the part of the world you visited ?

Are there illnesses which do not have that much to do with another country but can happen while being well offshore more to do with the seas or oceans ?
I know wooden boats are prone to very hungry worms in some places do such worms cause human health problems ?

er .... are we including mental illnesses? :confused:

Richard

prv

Visit site
Only seasickness itself, though I suffer much less from that these days. Perhaps because I sail more often now.

Oh, and hangovers.

Sunburn.

A big gash to my inner thigh/just below my bum, which was on the margin between steri-strips and stitches (we went for the former). But I guess that's "injury" rather than "illness".

Pete

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Yes, it was very nasty! I blame cook.

On that trip very common.

Scurvy comes to mind.

Thats why I sail a plastic boat.

A lot better now thank you. :D

VicS

Visit site
I got a crushed finger. Does that count?

I find I no longer get seasick, since I've stopped eating diced carrots.

But can you explain why whenever anyone is sick ( sea variety or otherwise) one of the things that always comes up is carrots, whether they have been eaten or not.

By the way tinned pineapple is good to eat if you are inclined to seasickness

It tastes the same on the way up as it does on the way down!

Ben Dockrell 22

Visit site
But can you explain why whenever anyone is sick ( sea variety or otherwise) one of the things that always comes up is carrots, whether they have been eaten or not.

By the way tinned pineapple is good to eat if you are inclined to seasickness

It tastes the same on the way up as it does on the way down!

Ive read its almost impossible to be short of vitamin a because its in most if not all foods,because its in so many foods its common people have too much vitamin a.

just for thought.