sea saga 29

jntedwards

Visit site
Can anyone clarify the model variants for the Sea Sea 29 please?
I am very keen to get one but the different models are confusing ie: 29LS, 29HT, 29CV ?
I am after the 29 open cockpit variation ie with no door opening to the cockpit.
Any help out there?

Dyflin

Visit site
pimg-saga-29&29ht-12194188_large.jpg

Like the one on the right? AFAIK both were just called the HT.

Another open version here for reference
https://ancasta.com/boats-for-sale/used/power/sea-saga/29ht/41274/

Sea Saga seems to be just a UK variation of the actual manufacturers name of just Saga.

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
Saga boats are Norwegian
Saga Boats | Norwegian quality Since 1960

Searches commonly finds a lot in Norway and Sweden, here a text from a Swedish site, referring to an interview with a person from the factory

The Saga 29 began production as an LS Coupé in 1999. It had sliding doors to the rear deck. It ceased production in 2004 when the Saga 29 HT was introduced. Instead of sliding doors, it has a canopy over the entire cockpit, creating a larger social area under the canopy. Idar M. Refsnes of Saga Boats explains the origins of the model:

- "This boat has been developed for all our customers who have previously had the Saga 27, Saga 25 and Saga 26 and who wanted a bigger option and the possibility of a longer season with the closed model. The desire for slightly higher speed was also part of the development. "Experience from previous semi-planing boats like the Saga 7000 and the Saga 25 and 26 was very important," he says.
The Saga 29 received a very good response when it was introduced in 1999. About 50 boats per season were produced until 2004 when it was replaced by the Saga 315. 2004 also saw the introduction of the Saga 29 HT with a canopy and larger cockpit, which was produced until 2007. It was then replaced by the Saga 310.

jntedwards

Visit site
Thanks very much for all that information. Most helpful! Now to try & find one!
If anybody knows of any possibilities please let me know.
Thanks to all.

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
Last edited:

jntedwards

Visit site
Thank you Chrome Dome.
Very helpful & interesting. The first HT from Norway looks great but I fear importing would be very costly.
So will just have to hunt around the UK!
So sorry to have missed the one just sold by Ancasta!
You have been a great help.