Sea Ray 370 DA

Visit site
A friend of mine is interested in a Sea Ray 370 Sundancer from 1997 with CAT C7 engines from 2010. The boat looks clean and has a nice lay out however I recall that Sea Ray hade issues with balsa core used below the waterline. In boats from this era. Any precise info on which Sea Ray models had this issue would be highly appreciated. Also any info regarding issues the CAT C7 engines, thanks in advance.

Visit site
Okay I recon that this boat type is not very common here however I got info reg wood in the hull. It seems that this era of Sea Rays had balsa core and there are problems reported which can be very costly to repair. Balsa is very strong, in fact stronger than many non organic core materials however it only takes a small leak and phe process starts. My friend is going to order a full hull survay before any offer in order to be sure It is soud.

How about any info re the CAT C7 from 2010 by anyone? This seems to be an early generation with electronic injection.

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
If the boat looks clean I would suggest that you go ahead with purchase, but it is very important that you do a 3D scan to all the hull.
A survey needs to have this equipment.

Balsa core was very commonly used, hey Viking still builds with it. The problem with balsa is that few used end grain, and many used it wrongly.
Also with balsa as a core it is very difficult to get resin starvation areas which is what was generating. It can be a mess if it gets mad, a big mess.