Scillies to Roscoff - any tips for passage planning?

Scillypete

www.peteandspamgosailing.blogspot.com
In my experience there is little quality wine in any store within 20km of the Ferry port, and a French person agreed with me. I've tried those stores. From Brest you might sail up to Châteaulin, the Leclerc is on the quay.
The checkout girl there asked why we were buying so much, I tried to explain that Récoltant (look at the top of the cork seal) is rarely available here, and if it is it's £15, not 5 euros, (more or less)
Ah, yes Chateaulin and the very convenient hyper market with a pontoon within 100 yards of the exit. I used to go there for much the same reasons as the selections were great. Roscoff on the other hand was a choice of quantity and very good prices and they do in fact have some quality wines and if enough was spent then some very welcome discounts would be given. It is somewhat galling that price differential but I’m sure my liver is thankful for it now

fisherman

Visit site
We were in Lidl at Treboul, (Leclerc was closed). Three lads about 15/16 came to the checkout and the checkout girl, who looked about twelve, leaned over the counter to pull open their jackets and more or less frisk them. What was more surprising is they seemed to accept it, we wondered how that would have gone over here.

zoidberg

Visit site
Screwdrivers and left-handed knots... EVERYBODY enjoys my coiling.
'Worm and parcel with the lay. Turn and serve the other way...'

You must get your knitting in a twist, if presented with a trad serving mallet..... :cool: