Schools in Caribbean

siwhi

Visit site
We are considering putting the children into school in the Caribbean for a year. Ideally we would like to find a good school in a location which would allow us to stay at anchor at least some of the year (possibly with a boatyard close by). We would prefer a private French or Spanish speaking school, but happy to look at English speaking schools as well. Also happy to consider public schooling in one of the French islands but know very little about it; if anyone knows if it is similar standard to that in mainland France that would be appreciated. The children will be 11 and 9.

Google and other research has found very little, so I suspect there is actually limited choice in this respect, but would be very happy to hear any suggestions.

Thanks
Simon

ip485

Visit site
Trinidad might work. There are some very good private schools (St Andrews in Maravel, Port of Spain for example) but they are English speaking. Its a great anchorage, outside the hurricane zone, and the "problems" blown out of proportion as long as you are sensible.

Laurin

Visit site
Suggest either kids 4 sail Facebook group or get swmbo to join women who sail Facebook group as I seem to remember a discussion there but don't think there was much (good) choice.

temptress

gbr195t.com
We are considering putting the children into school in the Caribbean for a year. Ideally we would like to find a good school in a location which would allow us to stay at anchor at least some of the year (possibly with a boatyard close by). We would prefer a private French or Spanish speaking school, but happy to look at English speaking schools as well. Also happy to consider public schooling in one of the French islands but know very little about it; if anyone knows if it is similar standard to that in mainland France that would be appreciated. The children will be 11 and 9.

Google and other research has found very little, so I suspect there is actually limited choice in this respect, but would be very happy to hear any suggestions.

Thanks
Simon

I know of a couple of boats at Anchor in Prickly Bay, Grenada that send their kids to English schools. Ask on the Grenada Cruising info face book page.....