Satellite Tracking

Stingo

Visit site
We will have a satellite tracking unit aboard which will update every hour with lat, long, speed and heading (T). To watch our progress go to:
http://www.globaltrack.com
Username: YBWGuest
Password: fnswymcf

Once you've logged in, click on "+general" then click on "Mojomo"

Thank you to Global Track, because they are providing this service to us for free.

tcm

Visit site
hurrah for globaltrack

er, just a minute - i think that is the same sort of thing what tome had to get working for loads of lorries - and that's why he couldn't come? He'll be flippin furious when he finds out you've got a free thingy to plonk into the cig lighter socket...

Heyho

Stingo

Visit site
Re: hurrah for globaltrack

Yep, this unit comes out of an ex-Col Gadaffi tank and was meant to go into a Trans-African delivery truck. Fortunately, GlobalTrack is run by an ex-army mate of mine and so he sent the unit my way on condition that I use it on Stingo so that they can use me as a test thingie while they get the maritime sector going. They're still working in the maritime interface, hence you can see all the roads, but hey ho, mid-pond both of our fans will still be able to see the important stuff. And if it stops reporting, the fans can assume that we've lost our electrics or sunk.

FullCircle

Visit site
So SWMBOs, the Guvment and all can track you, like we are resisting doing in our cars, harumph?
It'll be pay by the mile sailing, and no, mister we are full no room on the pontoon, cos its that flippin great cat thingy blocking up the aisleway no thanks.
Pandora's box mate, thats what this is.
Anyway being a trans african truck unit, wont it get ambushed by desperados when you are least expecting it?

Stingo

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
can it look thru upward facing window? otherwise flippin drilling thru me patio doors!

[/ QUOTE ]
AFAIK, it won't have a problem seeing through a window.

Hold on, will go put it on the dashboard of my car. Back in 5 minutes

rocklazio

Visit site

Im tracking my dad who's on mojomo using the YBWGuest login on global track, but since a few hours ago i've been gettin a password error in google earth and the global track website.

So has anyone got the new password?

tome

www.google.co.uk

Rocklazio

All ok, I'm able to log in with admin rights and tracking is solid and she's looking good at 27.3433N 60.275W at 0732. Still averaging 5 knots in v light winds so great progress so far

tome

www.google.co.uk
Note on Tracking

Whilst the tracking is a great facility, we should remember that it's a little device plugged into a cigar lighter socket which can easily get knocked or damaged. Also, as happened last night, a software glitch (in this case a software update) can play havoc

So it should be regarded as a bonus and not an indicator that all is well or otherwise on board. I know that family of the crew are following progress here and it doesn't do them any favours if we all get our knickers in a twist