Sailonline Game.

Alistairr

Visit site
Can someone tell me how on earth you get the Sailonline game up and running?

I've had the verification e-mail and followed the link and registered YBWalistairr as my user name, and now I'm stuck!!

It keeps asking me for my user name and password, and I can't see any way to a race!

Please Help!

Cheers

Al.

Alistairr

Visit site
So the Login Screen is telling me, I'm not registered for any race, so I'm registering for the race, putting in my user name and password, and nothing is happening!

Where am i going wrong?

Cheers

Al.

fireball

Visit site
If you're doing this on dialup you're going to struggle!! I ran it off my mobile for a little while - it cost a tenner for 2 downloads!! Bought mobile broadband now - much cheaper /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fireball

Visit site
you have to register for the race online first - log into the sailonline website, click on races and click to register for leg 1 .... if it is still open ...

Alistairr

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Have you registered for this race on this page?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, When i click on Register for this race, it takes me to the User name and Password page, once I put them in it takes me back to the home page with no login in!

I think the problem maybe with the Diap-up.

Cheers

Al,

Alistairr

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I've used the pre release web based version on dial up it does take a little time to load but works OK
This is the web site
http://www.sailonline.org/windy/run/103/

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, Thats the page I'm getting too. But I am only seeing HALF a login box, that could be the problem.
Doesn't matter how many times I reload the page, I always get half a Login box.

Cheers

Al.

fireball

Visit site
ah - you're using IE ... you can still log in - just click in the 1/2 a login box ....

If you want me to register you for the race just send me a PM with username/pwd (I'll be discrete - I do IT Admin for a living!!) ..... going offline in 10 minutes though

Gonna need your boat name anyway - just to put in the ybw results list ...... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Spyro

Visit site
After you registered you should have received an e-mail asking you to click on a link to complete your registration. Did you get that and did you complete it?

Alistairr

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
After you registered you should have received an e-mail asking you to click on a link to complete your registration. Did you get that and did you complete it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes did all that. And went through the whole process again to check and it says the USer name is already registered, so I obviously did it right!

I think the problem must be my dial-up, so i'll try again in the morning on my work PC.

Cheers

Al.

Alistairr

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
ah - you're using IE ... you can still log in - just click in the 1/2 a login box ....

If you want me to register you for the race just send me a PM with username/pwd (I'll be discrete - I do IT Admin for a living!!) ..... going offline in 10 minutes though

Gonna need your boat name anyway - just to put in the ybw results list ...... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, but I'll try again in the morning on broadband at work.

Why am I only seeing half the login box?
I think the problem is, cause there is only half a box, its only taking half my user name and password.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Cheers

AL.

fireball

Visit site
I only get half the login box on my machines running IE .... you can still login with them though ...
but you do need to complete the registration, the go to races and signup for a race ....

Spyro

Visit site
You can go to the SOL home page sign in from there where you will see the full sign in box. then enter the full address for the web version of the game. There is not a link from the home page yet as it's stii in the testing stage.

Dipper

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
should have an asnwer soon as they are an hour ahead

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, they should have replied before you asked. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry. Couldn't resist it.

Alistairr

Visit site
Great News, At work now and on Broadband, only seeing half a box but this time it takes my user name and password and lets me into the race! Brilliant.

Thanks to everyone for their help last night.

All i need to do now is work out what everything means!!

Cheers

Al.
Pos. 760 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif