Sailing with a Palm Pilot

tim

Visit site
I'm using SailPalm on my Palm Vx, and it works very well. I'm now trying to get tide tables for the Palm, but the only software I can find is TideTool 2.1 which claims that the UKHO claim copyright on the tide harmonics and so won't allow them to be used. Does you know of any Palm tide prediction software?
Cheers,
Tim

kingfisher

Visit site
UKHO tidal constants

the UKHO indeed claims proprietary rights on the tidal constatns for the UK coast, and others (BVI e.a).

I use a previous version of Tide Tool, which is still accurate.

I us Planetarium for star almanac and CelestNav for sightings calculations.

There's a piece of palm tidal software, where it doesn't calculate the tide, but rather works from tables you have to enter. I assume it's a drag. As I said, I use tide tool 2.0 beta8.

Obi-Wan
http://sirocco31.tripod.com

Julian

Visit site
I use Tide Tool v1.2 beta (have had it some years) although it sometimes has difficulty with the complex harmonics in Southampton.
Can I also recommend PalmScape, a text based web browser which is very good for marine forecasts (they don't usually waste bandwidth with silly pictures). Connect this to a GSM phone with proper IrDa. Look at www.meteo.gov.uk for the general marine forecasts and there are some two day forecasts available from www.thenews.co.uk for the Southampton area.