Sailing Pilot Cutters

1937rogerdon

Visit site
On Saturday 25th the Bristol Channel Pilot Cuttters "Mascott" "Olga" and "Peggy should arrive in Barry to take part in the "Cock of the Channel race" the winner being entitled to fly the BYC Burgee defaced with a Golden Cockerel from the Mast head.
Several Challenge cups will also be awarded which have the names of all the winners since the original pilot cutter race in 1938.
The race this year is an 80 mile course from Barry-Horseshoe-Buoy -Scarweather-Barry. We are also hoping that two "Luke Powell" gaff cutters will becoming up from Falmouth.
The race will start on the Sunday morning followed by the prize giving on the Monday.

graham

Visit site
Look forward to seeing them again. Must make sure the camera is handy. I took these on previous Pilot Cutter Rallys.
Pc.jpg

Peggy20from20Astern.jpg

Olgainabreeze.jpg

Olga.jpg

Wai_Tapu

Visit site
Hi and thanks for the heads up on the pilot cutter race. What time is the start, please? I can find no info on the Barry Yacht Club website. And whilst we're on the subject, do you have a date for the Brains TV race (which I ignominiously managed not to finish lat year in horrible conditions cos I went the wrong side of the last buoy right outside of Barry harbour!!!!) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Sorry if that reads a little sarcastic, it wasn't meant to /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, would love to see a whole fleet of 'em under sail

Woodlouse

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if that reads a little sarcastic, it wasn't meant to /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, would love to see a whole fleet of 'em under sail

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh all right then.
DSCF2244.jpg

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

1937rogerdon

Visit site
Pilot cutter Race. The race starts at 0700 which is one hours ebb. starting line will be a boat off shore in line with the light house.

Brains Open (TV) Race. start 11.00. HW Barry 09.12.
Look forward to seeing you.
Roger

graham

Visit site
Re: Pilot Cutters.Barry Brains TV Race

Sods law,Im working on the TVrace day /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but will try to take some photos of the start/finish.

Wai_Tapu

Visit site

Cheers for the info Roger. I shall certainly try to get down for the cutter race - not bad weather for a fabulous sight, but I guess they would be hoping for more wind!
You might consider putting details on the BCYA event site re the Brains TV race. We get a good response from there for our Holms race.

1937rogerdon

Visit site

Bad news this evening. The Luke Powell boats are not coming up for the race. Perhaps the channel is to much for them. However I have been told that 4 Pilot cutters will still be at the start.
T.V. Race/ Will try and sort it out. Posters are due to go out very soon to all clubs.
Roger

1937rogerdon

Visit site

As I understand it. We will have Pilot Cutters,,Mascott, Peggy & Olga. The 4th boat is not a Pilot cutter but a gaff ketch.
Any way it will still be worth seeing. Our plan is to build on this year and give a date ASP for next year to allow boats to plan ahead

graham

Visit site

Not much wind today.will they anchor over the flood then carry on down to the Horseshoe or will they all end up in the pub at Porlock?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif