Sailing is.........................................

westernman

www.devalk.nl
…telling your work colleagues “Of course there’s no signal at sea” when you’re usually only a couple of miles offshore when travelling and in a harbour most nights. :D
I have done exactly that.
And yes, we are not planning any long trips and will be at most a couple of miles offshore the whole time next week.

And where we are the mobile phone coverage and internet works well the whole time. But don't you dare tell my colleagues.

Tomahawk

Visit site
That feeling when you bear away after pulling up the main and the rig tightens a bit. Then you pull out the Genoa and kill the donk... then bear away some more. You take the tiller and feel the surge of energy as the boat stiffens when the wind properly fills the sails and she becomes a wild creature of the water wind and elements ready to take you wherever you set your gaze.

Dragon461

Visit site
That feeling when you bear away after pulling up the main and the rig tightens a bit. Then you pull out the Genoa and kill the donk... then bear away some more. You take the tiller and feel the surge of energy as the boat stiffens when the wind properly fills the sails and she becomes a wild creature of the water wind and elements ready to take you wherever you set your gaze.
And you got hurtling along at 4.5 kts.

Ink

Visit site
............telling people you own a yacht.
They think you must be a millionaire, if they believe what is published in most newspapers. Little do they know most people spend more on holidays per year than it costs to run a small yacht. Silly reporters.

That's what I tell my wife too!

Ink

D

Deleted member 36384

Very good Tomahawk, I am inspired to get on the water reading your prose. It did remind me of Captain Billy Tyne's cast off speech. It didn't end well for him though.