Sailing in the Black Sea?

Nostrodamus

www.cygnus3.com
We did the Black Sea in 2007. Checked into Turkey at Canakkale, went as far as Sinop in the Black Sea, loved every second of it. Checked out in Sinop, went to Ukraine but they wouldn't let us in without an agent so went to Bulgaria and Romania. Checked back into Turkey in Istanbul. No baksheesh requested anywhere (has it changed?). Saw maybe 6 other sail boats mostly from Ukraine. I would happily live for ever somewhere along the Black Sea coast of Turkey.

Nostro, I've got some news letters I emailed home, if you are interested in reading them pm me.

Tricia

Tricia,
Thanks for the post.
I have sent a PM.

Backwoodsman

Visit site
Hi, new poster here, based in Bulgaria. My friends currently have their Sigma ashore in the marina at Sozpol, which they say is good. Its where the local coast guard are based. They previously had her in Bourgas, which they said was a very industrialised working port.
They reported that the trip up from Turkey was no problem, with safe anchorages / harbours within day sail range. Going further North, you have an overnight passage leading into the Danube Delta.
Plans for a Black Sea circuit not looking promising , with the current Crimean situation.

Nostrodamus

www.cygnus3.com
Do Angie know about your plain Mark ? I think you may be in for another horse whipping :)

We never make plans because that way we can never fail
I just hope she never feels inclined to work out where we actually are on a chart and not where my pencil marks say we are.
If there was signposts in the sea I would be in deep, deep, do. do.

nickf

Visit site
Nostrodamus

If you are considering The Black Sea I would join the CA - there is a lengthy thread running on sailing in The Black Sea at the moment on one of their fora.

SamanthaTabs

Visit site
We never make plans because that way we can never fail
I just hope she never feels inclined to work out where we actually are on a chart and not where my pencil marks say we are.
If there was signposts in the sea I would be in deep, deep, do. do.

Ummmm you've been rumbled mate. Vic told her last week when he was here (sorry Vic haha), think your actual plans may be less ambitious but fun filled nonetheless!

Nostrodamus

www.cygnus3.com
Nostrodamus

If you are considering The Black Sea I would join the CA - there is a lengthy thread running on sailing in The Black Sea at the moment on one of their fora.

I doubt they would ever let me back even if I wanted to but thank you for letting me know.

kdk

Visit site
My wife and I spent 3 months in Black Sea in 2012 - Bulgaria and Romania.
If anyone wants to PM me I'll happily send on our log.
Checking out/in of Turkey in Istanbul is biggest deterrent.

edmundwigan

Visit site
I am planning to cruise the Black Sea this year leaving from Kas at the beginning of May. I have bought all the books and it looks fascinating. I will probably do an anticlockwise circuit. It would be good to hear from anyone with similar plans.

Edmund

Nostrodamus

www.cygnus3.com
I am planning to cruise the Black Sea this year leaving from Kas at the beginning of May. I have bought all the books and it looks fascinating. I will probably do an anticlockwise circuit. It would be good to hear from anyone with similar plans.

Edmund

By the time you get there all the books will be out of date and some countries you could have visited may no longer exist.... strange times but I agree. The Black Sea looks well worth sailing but there seems to be so few people going there.

edmundwigan

Visit site
Talk about going against the flow......I sailed the White Sea a couple of years ago on a friend's yacht, so thought it would be tidy to do the Black Sea next and then later in the year the Red Sea. It sounds like there will plenty of space in the anchorages.

Edmund

cirruss

Visit site
My wife and I spent 3 months in Black Sea in 2012 - Bulgaria and Romania.
If anyone wants to PM me I'll happily send on our log.
Checking out/in of Turkey in Istanbul is biggest deterrent.

Moving to Bucharest from Sweden and just sold my Albin Vega. I wonder how was sailing in Romania? Any boats for sale there, how much were the harbours, much sailing infrastructure? Would love to read the log please! thank you.