Sad news

Mrssolentclown

Visit site
I have spoken to our friends at our marina and they are going to help me get our boat back to our marina. They've also said they will help with the restoration too.
I will work my socks off to carry on his dreams.

bdh198

Visit site
That is very sad news. In the time he was active on the forum Mark made many important and useful contributions, he will be missed.

Good luck with the restoration.

Neeves

Visit site
Sorry to appear tardy and uncaring - but I currently have very limited internet access etc etc.

As you have discovered Mark was well liked and had made a really positive impression. But nothing I can say will make the loss any less, for which I apologise for my inadequacy.

I enjoyed Mark's posts - they were in a refreshing style - and even if it was not a topic in which I was interested - he always attracted my attention.

Stick with us, if you can and want.

Jonathan

maby

Visit site
I have spoken to our friends at our marina and they are going to help me get our boat back to our marina. They've also said they will help with the restoration too.

Good for you, ma'am! I haven't posted here yet, but it goes without saying that I fully endorse the comments of others who have been so full of praise for Mark. I corresponded with him on the subject of his experimental conversion of a rib to a sailing dinghy and came away with the impression of a very resourceful man who had a wicked sense of humour. We keep our boat quite close to yours - we were in Ocean Village until a few months ago - and I had the hope of meeting him (and, of course, you) at some point in the future - sadly that will not be possible now.

It sounds like you will have far more offers of help than you can ever use - and in many forms. We will be very happy to join in if the need arises - just post away here!

cliveshelton

Visit site
I must add my thoughts to those of others. I too never missed reading Mark's posts as they were always entertaining and gave those of us who lurk on this forum encouragement to keep on with the boating shenanigans.

I am very sorry for your loss and pray that you will remember him in the good times. He will certainly be missed here. Grief is a terrible thing but does not last forever. Best wishes.

Jungle Jim

Visit site

I'm not far from Southampton, if you need any more manpower to bring your boat back feel free to pm me anytime.

Applespider

Visit site
As others have said, Mark and yourself have been breaths of fresh air on this forum. Mark’s sense of adventure, humour and enthusiasm really came across even in this dry medium. I can only imagine how great a man he was in real life. We will miss his contribution here but you, his family and real life friends must be so shocked. I’m glad that the appreciation here is providing some comfort.

I’m sure you will succeed in your mission to refit and sail Brynbella with Mark’s spirit as the wind in your sails - and many here will be keen to help.

Please don’t be a stranger here. We care about you too.

Humblebee

Visit site
How terrible for you, I am so saddened to hear your tragic news.
Never met Mark but as others have said he came across as such a decent guy - humorous, enthusiastic and sincere.
We will all miss him.