S23 Holding tank level.

hg2016

Visit site
Hello to all,
does anybody know where the gauge is for my black water holding tank?
Is it possible that I dont have one?
I cant find a light or level gauge anywhere.
Any help would be great. Pics would be an absolute revalation.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Hello to all,
does anybody know where the gauge is for my black water holding tank?
Is it possible that I dont have one?
I cant find a light or level gauge anywhere.
Any help would be great. Pics would be an absolute revalation.

I had an S23 with a factory fitted holding tank. It never had a gauge. My guess is you havent got one either.
If you have it will be a little light on the main switch panel.

hg2016

Visit site
I had an S23 with a factory fitted holding tank. It never had a gauge. My guess is you havent got one either.

Thank you, Ill have a look when I go up to the boat at the weekend. My one is factory fitted and I think you are right in saying I dont have a gauge. I havent noticed anything on the switch panel. Shocking bit of design by sealine to leave that out.
Do you or anybody else know how to get access to the tank. Is it possible?

Momac

Visit site
If you have a holding tank it will be under the floor under the saloon table. If you have a small cupboard there you don't have a holding tank.
When you press the 'macerator switch' do you hear the macerator pump working? If not you may not have a holding tank..
If you do not have a chrome cap externally marked 'waste' you probably dont have a holding tank.
There will be a small neon or LED light on the image of a boat on the main switch panel in the saloon. This will light up when the tank is near full(if you have a holding tank).

hg2016

Visit site
If you have a holding tank it will be under the floor under the saloon table. If you have a small cupboard there you don't have a holding tank.
When you press the 'macerator switch' do you hear the macerator pump working? If not you may not have a holding tank..
If you do not have a chrome cap externally marked 'waste' you probably dont have a holding tank.
There will be a small neon or LED light on the image of a boat on the main switch panel in the saloon. This will light up when the tank is near full(if you have a holding tank).
Thanks Martyn,
I do have a holding tank and macerator, thats for sure but I cant find the indicator for the level. I'll have a look at the weekend. Is there visible access to the tank itself. does the floor come up?

Momac

Visit site
My s23 did not have a holding tank. Ask on the Sealine forum about access to the tank. I guess the table has to be removed then the floor panel removed.
The small led on the main panel rather than a gauge is common principle on sealine.

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
I have an S23 with a holding tank (believe it is factory fitted), and it does come with a gauge...

...it's called the wife, and when the tank gets full, she doesn't half let me know about it!

hg2016

Visit site
Agree with MartynG - worth asking on the Sealine Forum - it's having address issues at the moment so you can use this link to access http://sealineforum.forumotion.com

I believe that factory fitted Sealine tanks came with a 'near full' indicator light, which isn't as useful as a gauge. Ask on the forum and I'm sure you'll get the right answer
Thanks, I'll have a try on the sealine forum. As long as iIve got some sort of indicator to show when its near full I'll be happy. If not, then I am going to haveto fit one.

jrudge

Visit site
To be honest a near full ( ie please empty me ) light is as good as any

Knowing your waste is half full does not really serve much purpose. Knowing it is time to empty it does. Nice to have sure but I am not sure it is worth the time smell and money to fit what is required.

CX54WEK

Visit site
Thanks Martyn,
I do have a holding tank and macerator, thats for sure but I cant find the indicator for the level. I'll have a look at the weekend. Is there visible access to the tank itself. does the floor come up?

There is a red light that comes on on the control panel in the saloon when the tank is nearing full. The water pump switch needs to be turned on for it to work.

ETA: Ours is a factory fitted tank and pump so I am pretty sure yours should be the same. The red light is on the picture of the boat on the control panel.

hg2016

Visit site
There is a red light that comes on on the control panel in the saloon when the tank is nearing full. The water pump switch needs to be turned on for it to work.

ETA: Ours is a factory fitted tank and pump so I am pretty sure yours should be the same. The red light is on the picture of the boat on the control panel.

Nice one, thanks.

hg2016

Visit site

Hello DavidJ and all others who have helped me with this.
just returned from a nice weekend on the boat. I do not have a gauge for my holding tank but I have located the 'near full' light on the switch panel as suggested.
Thank you.

jtwebb

Visit site
I had the problem the boat I had bought had no holding tank gauge, it was impossible to fit a normal one due to clearance and had a blocked breather pipe as a consequence of careless use. I fitted a TekTank capacitive guage which works very well. I also fitted a new breather pipe, could not clear the old on!

hg2016

Visit site
I had the problem the boat I had bought had no holding tank gauge, it was impossible to fit a normal one due to clearance and had a blocked breather pipe as a consequence of careless use. I fitted a TekTank capacitive guage which works very well. I also fitted a new breather pipe, could not clear the old on!
Hi Jt,
was your boat an s23

Other threads that may be of interest