RYA. New courses.

powerskipper

www.facebook.com
They go live on the web site soon, worth having a look.
Start Motor cruising, this is below Helmsman .
and for those that want a bit more nav stuff with a ticket. above a Day skipper
Motor Cruising Advanced Pilotage.

So pop on the RYA web site and have a look next week if you want.
I think they are going to be a good addition.

Kawasaki

Visit site
Agree Jewls
Plus as you know there are moves afoot to sort/change the Advanced powerboat scheme
Must admit
I have 'knocked' the RYA in the past ref the powered peeps and the imput/ support/ etc given ref similar for the saily boys v mobo boys
However
Tiss a good organisation and really does a load of stuff for all on the water and protects us from needless Legislation
Which quite often goes unnoticed by a lot of us, including us 'Stinkies'
Right
That should get me at least free Membership for next year;)

TWINSCREW

Visit site
Agree Jewls
Plus as you know there are moves afoot to sort/change the Advanced powerboat scheme
Must admit
I have 'knocked' the RYA in the past ref the powered peeps and the imput/ support/ etc given ref similar for the saily boys v mobo boys
However
Tiss a good organisation and really does a load of stuff for all on the water and protects us from needless Legislation
Which quite often goes unnoticed by a lot of us, including us 'Stinkies'
Right
That should get me at least free Membership for next year;)
Name one bit of good stuff they have done !!!

timgriffin

www.griffmarineservices.co.uk
Last edited:

Doug_Stormforce

www.stormforce.biz
New RYA Motor Cruising Courses

We received our new recognition certificates for these courses today and they have gone live on our website.

The RYA Start Motor Cruising Course Course is really aimed at family and friends of those who will be skippering or owning a motor cruiser. This means the partner and kids can learn valuable crewing and safety skills alongside dad (or mum) who may be on a Helmsman's or Day Skipper Course. There is a minimum age of 8, although I think the course will be valuable for adults as well. Our first RYA Start Motor Cruising course is next week.

The RYA Advanced Pilotage for motor cruisers course RYA Advanced Pilotage for motor cruisers course is aimed at those who have already completed the Day Skipper power and are looking to develop skills further, it is very broadly equivalent to the Advanced Powerboat course but in larger motor boats. At only 2 days it provides a more advanced course that can be completed in a weekend, unlike the Coastal Skipper which is 5 days. Our first RYA Advanced Pilotage Course will also be next week.

We are looking forward to both.

Last edited:

Keen_Ed

Visit site